"Too much of a rough day," Shadow whispered to himself.

G.U.N. was giving him a rough time already, non stop bothering him about missions that needed to be done or things that were already finished. The last one he had to go with Rouge to go find a chaos emerald. Turns out it was a trap from the infamous Dr. Eggman, and he had to stay overnight with the flirtatious bat. She would annoy the ever living crap out of him. And the worst part was that when they fell into the hole, Shadow had fell on his face and Rouge would constantly bring it up.

Anyway, this was pretty rare sight to see Shadow resting on his bed. He needed to rest with him having a job tomorrow that he needed his strength if he had to put up with the blue ignorance.

"Argh," Shadow groaned, rolling on his side.

He really didn't want to work with Sonic, he honestly annoyed him way too much, and Sonic had been working for months, always tagging along side with Shadow. Other than this mission, Sonic and him had went on another one. It involved them finding chaos energy in a weird area. Over there, the blue hedgehog had kept pestering the black hedgehog for a race, which he would say no to, but then, Sonic grew bored and the mission ended up with the blue prankster in some tree.

Sonic was always with Shadow and Shadow had wanted to stay away from him at all cost because...he wanted to be with the blue idiot.

And this new feeling crept him out.

Shadow stared up at the ceiling, his fan in, swaying slightly. His room wasn't much, didn't even have that much color. Just black everywhere...Black walls, black curtains, canceling any happy sunlight from coming in, and the black carpet. The Ultimate Life Form snickered. He always said that this contemplated him, he was a monster, a real one. So many innocent people have been killed by him. It was all his fault, it was always his fault.

A knock on his door crept him out of his thoughts.

"Hey, hun, it's me Rouge," A soft voice comes through,"I'm figuring you need your rest, but someone's here to see you. "

"Who?" Shadow asked, sitting up.

"I don't know," Rouge admitted," He is kinda creeping me out though."

"I'll be there," Shadow was about to stand up, but Rouge rapped the door.

"No," Rouge said," I'll bring him here."

"What? No-" Shadow sighed to himself, it was no use.

A second later, another knock was heard. Shadow growled, but stood up and was about to say,"You'll have to get a key from Rouge," but a sudden flash of gray light filled the room. Another hedgehog stood in front of him, with a blue cloak on. All that was visible was the muzzle and the smirk formed by lips.

"Nice to see you," The cloaked hedgehog said, " We haven't talked in a long while. "

" Indeed, " Shadow said, " What are you doing here? "

" GX, " The other growled out, " Heiru doesn't know I'm here right now and I have to call him soon. "

" Really, " Shadow crossed his arms.

Red ruby eyes scanned the blue cloak.

" Always..." Shadow started, " Blue? "

" Don't question it, " Gray eyes peeked out, " I love my blue. "

" Then you'll love Faker, " Shadow smirked at the other.

" Faker? Oh, Sonic? " The other sighed, " I'm not gay. "

" Could've fooled me, " Shadow smirked.

" You know what? Screw you! I need to find GX anyway. "

" Bye, " Shadow waved.

The cloaked hedgehog waved and disappeared in a flash of gray light.

...

...

" Are you two ready? " The commander said.

Sonic nodded. He hardly was paying attention to the black hedgehog next to him. All three of them were riding in a car with a few other officers.

" You two will be alone, " The G.U.N commander said, I hope you both won't mind. "

An officer mumbled something about " It will mind. "

" No, " Sonic smiled, " It won't. "

The azure hedgehog grinned giving a wink toward the ebony one.

" For Chaos' Sake! " Shadow growled.

Sonics' grin widened.

" I swear," Shadow glared at the annoyance, " I'm going to kill you at the end of the day. "

Two G.U.N officers nodded to each other. " At the end of the day, I get 20 dollars if Shadow does it. " One G.U.N. officer said.

" Deal. "

They both shook hands.

Sorry this story didn't seem to save a lot of parts. Anyway I got it back in so enjoy!!!