Shopping

After lunch Pepper decided that it was a good time to take Harry shopping. It's not cold outside, so Pepper didn't make Harry wear a coat, but that's to be expected, for it is summer time. Pepper took Harry down to the garage, and climbed into the least expensive car they have. Pepper's not one for flashing expensive things around, and she doesn't think Harry is either. Harry climbed into the backseat, and Pepper in the drivers. Pepper left the garage and headed to the mall. Pepper is super excited for she hasn't been shopping in a while, plus it's for Harry, and she doesn't think Harry has really ever been on a proper shopping trip. 

When they arrived at the mall, Pepper parked inside the garage and together they climbed out. Pepper lead Harry into the mall, and asked her what store she wants to go to first. Harry didn't know and just let Pepper pick, so Pepper took them to Macy's. Harry was overwhelmed by all the clothes that's inside the store, but was happy when she saw that Pepper was taking her over to one of the sections. They started looking through a few racks, but Harry barely picked thing sup, she only has about two shirts, three pants, and one sweater. 

Then she saw how much Pepper is holding, four dresses, five shirts, four pants, and three sweaters. Harry thought that it was all to much, but Pepper brushed her off and took her tot he dressing rooms. Pepper put everything inside one of them and left so Harry could try it all on. 

Harry tried everything on, and through the whole time she was happy. She's never been shopping before, well for herself exactly. Not everything fit her, but the things that did, and the things that looked good, they ended up buying. All together at Macy's they bought 6 pants, 7 shirts, two sweaters, and three dresses. Harry thought that this was enough, but Pepper insisted on going shoe shopping, along with nice dress shopping.

When they got to the shoe store, Harry looked at everything, and was hesitant in picking out things she likes. She tried on three different pairs of converse, two boots, two Nike's, and four pairs of sandals. Harry got the black converse, because she can wear them at Hogwarts, brown sandals, even though she thinks she's never going to wear them, blue Nike's, and a pair of black leather boots. 

They got to a really nice store, and here Pepper said that Harry has to get a nice dress, just in case she has to go to one of Tony's nice parties. Harry didn't really like a lot of the dresses but she still tried them on. In the end she got a green one that matches her eyes. 

Harry's now holding four bags, and Pepper is holding three. Together they walked out of the mall and into the parking garage. Pepper opened the trunk, and Harry piled in her bags, then Pepper did the same. She slammed the trunk closed, and the both went to their doors. Harry climbed in a shit the door tight, she then buckled herself in. Pepper climbed in, shut her door, buckled, and started the car. She drove through the garage levels and made her way down to the bottom, when they got onto the open street Pepper started talking.

"Did you have fun?"

"Yes, it was a lot of fun. I've never really gone shopping for myself before."

There was a silence, but Harry couldn't get a thought out of her head, "How much did it all cost?"

"You don't need to know how much we spent," Pepper laughed.

"But, how do I know how much I owe you?" Harry questions.

"What?... Harry you don't owe us anything, this is a gift for you. Besides we're using Tony's money and he's got a lot of it."

"So he wont mind that we spent a lot of his money on clothes, and shoes?"

"Not at all."

The rest of the car ride back to the tower was spent in silence. No one talked, they only listened to the radio. Pepper thought of how Harry was asking about how much it cost, and how she had to pay it back. Did the Dursleys not buy her anything because they didn't want to spend any money on her. When they spent money on her, did she really have to end up paying them back? Why would anyone do that?

Harry thought of her friends, and how she's supposed to tell Tony and Pepper about her being a witch. Maybe she'd write Hermione about it, Hermione should now what to do, I mean she is really smart. Maybe she'll ask Dumbledore or Professor McGonagall about it, they should know what to do.

When they got back to the tower, the two girls slung the many bags over their shoulders and onto their arms. They piled into the elevator, and clicked the button to Tony's floor. When it reached it, Pepper and Harry headed to Harry's room. Pepper and Harry put the bags down, but Pepper had to get to work.

"Can you put these things away? I have some work that I need to finish today," Pepper asks.

"I'll be fine, thank you though."

Pepper smiles, and leaves the room. Harry smiles back, and turns to her bags. First she puts all her muggle things from her trunk away. She left her magic stuff inside her trunk, and she stuffed it in the back of her closet. Then she put everything from all the bags away, that took a lot of time, for she took all the tags off, and then folded everything. When she finished she took out her wand, and looked at it. Then she went to her closet and opened her trunk. From her trunk she took out some parchment, ink, and a few envelopes. She went to her desk and started writing.

She wrote to Ron and Hermione about her having a dad. She also wrote to Hermione about what to do, should she ask Dumbledore about telling them about magic? She wrote to Dumbledore, and McGonagall too, but didn't put their letters into an envelope. She put both Ron and Hermione's in envelopes and went over to Hedwig.

"Hedwig, I need you to fly these to Hermione and Ron. Take your time, I don't want you to get hurt."

Hedwig hoots in response, and takes the letters in her talons. Harry took her to the balcony, and opened the doors. Then Hedwig flew off, and Harry heard Tony call out to her, dinner is ready.