'Where are you going?' Chelsey shrieks when she notices me getting up.

'To sit with her,' I answer, pointing in Meera's direction.

'God! How many times do you want to get rejected?' Chelsey asks in disbelief. Here's one thing, DO NOT tell a girl what you're up to, not even your best friend.

'Rejected? By the freak? A got rejected by the freak?' Priyanka whisper yells. I mouth a thank you at Chelsey who realises what she just did.

'Better than being accepted by a nincompoop,' I say, glaring at Priyanka.

'Did you just swear at me?' she asks. Ugh! I don't have patience for this girl.

'No, he praised you. It means beautiful in... Greek,' Taran covers up.

I head over to Meera, pull out the chair right in front of her and plop down. She looks at me, rolls her eyes and goes back to working.

'Why are you studying during lunchtime?'

No answer. I kick her shin. She continues to ignore me. I kick again.

Again.

And again.

Not ever a glance.

Kick.

Kick.

Kick.

'What?' she seethes. Finally!

'I'm trying to talk here,' I state the obvious.

'Yeah? I couldn't notice.'

'How can you not notice a man like me?' I smirk. She sighs in response, "tell me, why're you ignoring me? And everybody else?'

No answer, ' Meera-,' I start.

'Look, just leave me alone,' she pleads.

'I just want to be friends with you,' I tell her, earnestly.

'Well, I don't want to be friends with a narcissistic crap of a person like you.'

'What?' I ask, completely blown away.

'Exactly what you heard,' she spits and gets up. She starts collecting her things. I gaze at her. I know she's aware of my eyes. She starts to leave.

'Oh! And your head is like a bird's nest and you're lanky,' she insults. Excuse me? Nobody insults my hair and my body or my anything. Especially the hair. I get up and follow her till we are out of cafeteria. I grab her wrist and spin her around. She sucks in a breath.

'You're not exactly curvaceous,' I say. 'And unnecessarily tall,' I add. I'm 6'0" in height, not the tallest but definitely tall. She's easily 5'8".

'Let go!'

'What's your problem?' I ask, exasperated now.

'YOU ARE!' she screams.

'I'm being nice to you! And last I checked it's not a problem!'

'I don't want your ni-,' I cut her off by placing my lips on hers. Exhibitionism is not really my style but I am so mad right now. All I wanted to do was either hit her or kiss her. I chose the latter.

To my surprise, she freezes on the spot and lets me have my way. She doesn't answer my kiss but she doesn't pull back. It's like she's waiting for the moment to get over. What a turn off!

I pull back and look in her eyes which are glossy now. I expected her to be angry, not vulnerable. I can handle anger, not tears.

'Are you done?' she whispers, sniffing. Realising my mistake, I let go of her hand.

She run away the exact second my touch abandon hers, leaving me cold and regretful.

'Meera!' I follow, coming to my senses.

She hurries and enters the girls' washroom. Me being me, rush inside as well. A girl screams upon noticing my presence. Meera turns around and I see fear in her eyes. Is she afraid of me? Our eyes lock and now, I take the to-freeze-on-spot turn.

'GET OUT!' a girl shouts, snapping me out of my trance. I exit as fast as I can. Furious, I band my fist on the wall.

And then, wince in pain. Awesome!

————————————————————

Leave comments. Vote and share.