Chapter 20: Deadline

Start from the beginning

"So, you thought I was stupid enough not to believe in your Yamamoto ideals?" Saku laughed, and Yahiro bit his lips in annoyance. "Think again, son. While Chitose was running my company and bankrupting me, I made an investigation of my own, a contract of my own. That last page of Akemi's contract is actually mine you know. It seems like one of your friends was greedier than you expected. You don't know your friends as you thought you knew them, do you?" And Yahiro grew furious.

"Yahiro... kun..." Megumi began, and Yahiro lowered his head ashamed. "What is going on?" She wondered, and Yahiro bit his lips hard out of hatred, but took the contract, and slid it around the table until it reached Megumi's hands. "Can I?" She wondered.

"It needs your signature too anyway." Yahiro mentioned, and Megumi nodded and began reading. "At any rate... that is a gamble I wouldn't dare keeping a secret from you... it's despicable. How could you?" Yahiro yelled, and Akemi backed off and moved her head in negation. "I trusted you! I let you in! And now you arranged this?" And Megumi allowed the contract to slid down her hands and hit the floor. "I'm not signing it!" Yahiro yelled.

"Good, don't do. Coward!" Saku yelled, and Yahiro felt a vein popping at his forehead. "That means I win. And that I won't acknowledge you as a Saiga ever again, or acknowledge your marriage to this peasant." And Yahiro closed his hand into a fist, but Megumi quickly jumped and grabbed his arm before he could even try to punch Saku Saiga. "What is it? Going violent? And after it was you the one who told me some months ago that it would be more enjoyable to beat me in my own game? It seems... that we aren't that different." And Yahiro bit his lips hard.

"What did you tell her for her to sign this contract?" Yahiro added, and took the contract from the floor. "If I don't sign it. What happens to her?" And Saku smiled. "I knew it! But how? Why? I was the one doing business with her! I'm the majoritarian actionist of all her business chains! Then how did she make a deal with you? Even if you did, I control her business chains. There is no way... unless..." And Yahiro went serious. "I am a fool."

"Indeed you are." Saku mentioned. "There was one you never dared doing business with... and I owe his company." And Yahiro bit his lips hard. "Oh, but you have nothing to lose. If you beat me that is. If you win, there is nothing for you to worry about. You will have your girl, and I will acknowledge it all. You can also not sign the papers, and live your life the way you want. It is not even her who will suffer. It is him who you don't give a damn about."

"Don't tell me I don't give a damn about him!" And Yahiro sat at his chair, defeated. "Megumi... this... is not something I can decide on my own." And Megumi faced Yahiro in concern. "If I sigh these papers... and win... everything will be all right. But... if I lose... you read the contract."

"Yeah." Megumi added and lowered her face. "If you lose... I will be forced to sign the divorce papers... and you will be forced into marrying Akira." And Megumi faced the papers, where there was a marriage registration form with the name and signature of Toudou Akira. "That's her signature... she signed that marriage registration... but why...? And when?" And Yahiro didn't know what to say.

"I will explain it to you so you understand." Saku Saiga mentioned. "Shortly after your birthday, I understood, that beating me or not, wouldn't be at all important for my son, since he had you anyway." And Megumi nodded in agreement. "So I decided to do a business with Sumire Karino, as a strategy to beat you both. Dealing with a Karino was low. I became the majoritarian actionist though, just like you always do, my son." And Yahiro faced him with rage. "But I wasn't really interested into doing business with the Karino. What I really wanted was..." And then the door of the living room was opened, and Akira entered the room.