Chapter 10: Promises

"Yahiro? Damn it Yahiro! Where are you? I want to know how everything turned out!" It was something that happened a couple of years ago during one of the wedding interviews between Yahiro, back then still a Saiga, and a member of a wealthy family. Sakura Ushikubo, being Yahiro's only friend, walked around the mansion Yahiro owned in eternal search of the pink haired teen. Only the pink haired one she found wasn't Yahiro, but another member of the Saigas. "Chitose, what are you doing here? Where is Yahiro?" She questioned the young member of the Saiga family. The boy just cleaned the tears away from his face. "Hey, don't cry. Tell me what happened to you?" She said while pulling the boy into a warm hug. Sakura was the only person who could actually care for real about Yahiro and Chitose. Everyone else only cared about their money. "He yelled you out of his room, didn't he?"

"Yahiro Onii-chan is always so cruel with me! All he ever cares about is pleasing dad! And whenever he can't he releases his anger on me! Sakura-chan! How can you get along this well with Onii-chan?" Chitose said while crying. Sakura just moved her head in negation and then cleaned Chitose's tears away, forcing a blush to appear on his face.

"Getting along with your Onii-chan is hard. He actually steps on my nerves more often than you can start to imagine. That stupid brother of yours, we get indeed, but only barely." She admitted. "Is your brother in his room?" And Chitose nodded. Sakura then placed her hand at the doorknob of Yahiro's room and noticed it was closed. "Oh, this time it's serious. That Yahiro, will he ever find happiness?" She said while taking a key from out of her sleeve. Chitose stared at the key with interest, it was the key to Yahiro's room, and Sakura used it to open the door and then walked inside. "If you want you can hear... but it is a secret between us, ok?" She added cheerfully. Chitose just nodded and then saw Sakura entering the room without closing the door entirely. "Cheer up! Yahiro-kun! You will soon find that girl that is special to you! I don't even know why you place too many thoughts into it. There are many pretty girls who would be whiling to marry with you!"

"...Sakura..." Yahiro began while staring out of the window. Something he did whenever he was depressed and in deep thoughts. "...Shut up..." He continued. The girl then filled her cheeks with air, but she swallowed her annoyance and walked toward Yahiro, then kicked him softly so he would interrupt his laying down at the sofa position so she could sit by his side. "...I'm sick of this... wedding interview after wedding interview... I always hear the same: business talking, showing off about their millions... I hate them so much. They are always trying to make more money, how greedy can they be...?" Chitose heard it all with interest from the other side of the door. And Sakura, still by Yahiro's side, just nodded in agreement.

"I'm not that different... I was told by my father recently that I will be going to a wedding interview with Takishima Kei! His family is almost as rich as yours. Call me greedy if you want, but a girl could use that money. And I even heard that Kei looks like a prince!" Yahiro then gave Sakura a disgusted look. The girl sweat dropped at that last. "Yahiro? Hey, Yahiro! Don't ignore me! You know I hate to be ignored! Sooner or later I will have to get married, even if searching for my beautiful prince is my priority, we all have to do what it takes to please our families."

"Sakura, you and I are different than the rest. We believe in more than money... yet. It seems to me like you already gave up." Sakura then lowered her face. She had to admit Yahiro was right. "I don't want to get married. Why helping someone else become richer? The only reason I accept these wedding interviews is because my father orders me to them. One day he will order me to marry someone... I just know he will... but I have to please him. After all, he gave everything to me. The only reason I have for getting married is to please my father."