Chapter 8: A Dream in Common

When Megumi Yamamoto was younger and afraid of socializing, she believed she would spend the rest of her life as a lonely woman and that her world would only move around her twin brother Jun and that person who always took care of her since she had memory, Tsuji Ryuu. Staying close to those she knew she could trust, close to those she knew she would feel safe around, close to those who would never allow anyone else to penetrate inside of her innocent world.

As time passed by, Megumi grew up to be a more trustworthy person, having found friendship in a special few selected group of persons who were just like her: smart, and part of a different world than everyone else. These people expanded her little universe, and she finally felt complete. There was nothing else she needed, only her and those she held so dear to her.

Then the demon arrived, a teen by the name of Yahiro Saiga. He was a threat to this happiness she had found and leaving him to do as he liked would much likely destroy this world she felt so comfortable living at. In order to keep living her dream, Megumi made a sacrifice. She would become the girl the demon would love. That way the demon wouldn't destroy her world. The demon, however, wasn't interested at all in the girl.

She never expected it when it happened. She only wanted to protect those she held so dear, and instead ended failing in love with the same demon trying to destroy the peaceful world she lived at. Such romance was never meant to exist, even when it was one sided.

But now, after many events, their relationship was official, and was even signed in a contract. Her happiness should have been absolute. She was once again never expecting such contract would bring major changes to the world she had created.

One Despicable Guy.

Chapter Eight: A Dream in Common.

July 9. 363 days to deadline.

"Waaaaah! This can't be happening! It just can't! I won't accept it! It must be some kind of nightmare! Not my Megumi-chan! Not my sweet Megumi-chan! And definitive not to that freaking demon!" Megumi shivered with fear as Akira stormed around the whole greenhouse with fury. The news of her marriage to Yahiro weren't at all welcomed by her. "Come with me! I'm gonna make sure you sigh the divorce papers! The shortest marriage ever!" Megumi moved her face in negation. But Akira had to insist by trying to pull Megumi away from her chair.

"I don't like the idea more than you do, Akira. But it was Megumi's choice. Shouldn't you let her live her life?" Akira faced her boyfriend with annoyance and demonical intentions. Tadashi just sweat dropped and began running away, chased all the time by Akira, who had carried the whole tea table with her and was ready to break it at Tadashi's head.

"Why didn't you tell us anything?" Yelled Jun with teary looking eyes. Megumi then sweat dropped at the view. There used to be no secrets between her and her twin, but recently, much likely when Yahiro arrived to her life, she had kept a lot of things in secret from Jun. "I don't approve it. Not yet, but if you had only told me, I wouldn't be this upset!" And then Jun sobbed feeling betrayed. Megumi then faced Ryuu. A horrible dark aura was surrounding him. Not even the baby boar that was Ryuu's newest pet dared to approach to him.

"...I always disliked him..." Mentioned Ryuu with hatred. "You knew that well... but still, you married him..." His dark aura grew even bigger, and Megumi flinched at that last. "Even when knowing that you aren't supposed to have the legal age for marriage... not without the proper juridical paperwork...you still married him... why do I have this feeling this was all Kei's idea?"

"Probably because it was my idea." Replied Key. And Ryuu faced him with disappointment. "Yahiro didn't have many choices left, and Megumi wanted Yahiro to keep his promise to her. At any rate, it was something that was going to happen sooner or later. We just speeded it up a little." Demonical glares were directed to Kei, who of course ignored them all and continued doing complex calculus at his laptop. "It still looks no good... the financial situation of Yahiro that is... we need to find something to invest into."