Chapter 7: Yahiro's Troubled Mind

July 8. 364 days to deadline.

When Yamamoto Megumi defied Yahiro's father, she wasn't at all thinking straight about the consequences of her actions, or about the difficult situation she was placing Yahiro at. She only wanted to be useful for him, but in the end it all pointed toward a far different direction. One in which Yahiro was annoyed at her and could barely see her. But Yahiro couldn't be blamed at all for such kind of feelings. After all, he went through an embarrassment he never before though he would feel.

"...Yahiro-kun is mad at me... he may never want to speak to me again... and just when I thought everything was going to be fine..." The girl sat at the cold floor and placed her back against a wall. She then hugged her knees hard and close to her chest and tried to swallow the sadness surrounding her in order to prevent her tears from falling. But her effort wasn't enough, and she ended sobbing silently.

"Megumi... you are too noisy... I know you are there." The girl flinched in surprise. The sound of steps then stroked her ears until it stopped once reaching the hallway. Yahiro then looked out of the open door and found Megumi with teary eyes staring up toward him from the cold floor. That annoyed Yahiro. "Fool, you will catch a cold if you stay there all night. Come inside." Megumi did nothing. She just stayed there staring at Yahiro. "Hurry up already! Whit those clothes you can't walk around the place. Move and sit down by the chimney!" He said while blushing. After all, Megumi was using some pajamas that were way too big for her, and she could barely move around in them. "Let me fix that thing. All I need is some scissors and string."

"But!" She began. And Yahiro stared at her with annoyance. "Uh... well... these clothes are expensive... cutting them down would... cut their value..." Yahiro then rolled his eyes in annoyance and then rudely pulled one of Megumi's sleeves until it made the stretch breaking sound. "Ah! The expensive pajama!" She yelled hard. But despite the power of her voice, Yahiro endured the pain while Megumi stared at him with teary eyes.

"Stop worrying so much about the money before I'm angered for real." Yahiro then gave his back to Megumi and walked inside of the room. "I will search for string and scissors. You stay where it is warm by the chimney... if you catch a cold I will punish you." Megumi flinched at that last, but Yahiro ignored her and left the room, leaving a puzzled Megumi behind. She was still unable to figure Yahiro out.

"Yahiro-kun..." Megumi felt a tear rolling down her cheeks, a tear she cleaned away while she moved close to the fire in order to warm her body. She then looked all around the place, and admired the huge beach house they now lived at. "...Kei gave this house as a present for Yahiro... but in reality, this was once Ryuu's villa before he bought it from him. Which means Kei knew this was going to happen... he is scary... always knowing what will happen before anyone else." She told herself. "This villa helps me realize how different our worlds are... and now you are forced to share my world... I'm sorry... Yahiro-kun..."

One Despicable Guy

Chapter Seven: Yahiro's Troubled Mind.

Minutes after Yahiro had left the room, he was now fixing Megumi's huge pajama, or better said, one of Kei's pajamas that were still inside of the villa when he gave the house as a present for Yahiro. Megumi, who was wearing the pajama while Yahiro was fixing it, couldn't help but feel embarrassed by the situation.

"Hey, stop moving already, or I won't be able to fix this..." Megumi blushed and nodded silently, Yahiro just stared at her with annoyance once again. "Stupid... I'm not mad... but it annoys me the fact of you thinking I am..."