Chapter one

"MOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! CORA'S EATING MY GOLDFISH CRACKERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" Screeched Jaxton. 

I rub my forehead, then position the mirror so I can see Jaxton and Cora better. "Cora, give back Jax his crackers." I say tiredly. 

"But I don't like cinnamon graham crackers! I only like cinnamon sugar graham crackers! And you packed me cinnamon graham crackers instead of cinnamon sugar graham crackers! So now I have to steal Jaxton's goldfish crackers cause i'm hungry!"

"Cora. Do I have to tell you again?" I warn with my 'mom voice.'"

"I wish I was a princess so I could eat anything I want whenever I want!" Yells Cora, then she throws the unclosed ziploc baggy of crackers, scattering them all over the beat-up mini van's floor. 

It lands at Jaxton's feet. He starts crying. "CORA!!!!! My goldfish crackers are on the floor now! It's your fault! I hate you!" Then he picks up the empty baggy and throws it at Cora.

"Stop!" I yell. "Jax, you don't say that you hate someone. We all love each other, right?"

"Anybody but weeny-beany Cora!" He says, slumped down in his booster seat, tears sliding off of his cheeks.

I ignore him, but give him a 'mom look.' "Cora, you know we don't throw stuff at people, right?"

"I KNOW!!" She yells, which of course wakes up baby Owen, who surprisingly slept through all of this racket. 

He starts crying from his car seat, throwing his swaddle blanket off and spitting out his pacifier.

Great. now I have two kids crying. 

"Mom?" 

I turn around to the passenger seat, where Hazel is sitting, plugged into her headphones.

"Yes?" I ask.

"I really want to by this new album, and it only costs a little below thirty dollars, can I just use the amazon account?"

"If you use your own money." I say. 

"Hazel frowns,  then plugs into her headphones, cranking up the volume. 

"Mo--" Begins Daisy.

"What." I say, agitated.

"Are we going to Murdochs? I wanna get a new Breyer horse, and they're currently 2% off!" asks Daisy.

"No. we are going to Walmart to get groceries, and we are not stopping anywhere else!"

"But-" Begins Daisy.

"Nope." I say.

"Mom!" yells Jaylinn, who doesn't have a volume button-unless it's up. "If we're going to Walmart, can I go in the toy aisle? I wont buy anything, I swear!" 

"YAAAAAHHHHH!" Yells all the kids, except for Hazel, who's listening to music, and Owen, who's still crying. 

It would be nice to shop alone. 

"Hazel, sweetie?" I say, gently shaking her arm so she hears me. 

She pops out one headphone, and I hear blaring music coming from it. "Yes?" she asks sassily. 

"Can you watch the kiddos while I shop? You just have to take them to the toy section. That's all. Please?"

Hazel raises her eyebrow. "Uhh, no way, hozay. That's like asking me to single-handedly keep track of a zoo full of dinosaurs."

She's about to pop in her headphone when I say,

"I'll buy you that album you want."

"Really?" she asks.