chapter 5

5 years after he left the cave no one saw any sign of dick Grayson or any new heroes. Nightmare was the new anti hero in blüdhaven. He was dressed up in black klavor and a red skull on his chest. He was the opposite of the original version he had created. He was better then he ever was. Five Years of hard training, try to get better to prove that he was good enough. It was a slow night when out of his corner of his eye he saw a fimilar red and yellow. He knew that it could only be Robin. He knew that batman wouldn't be far behind him. He didn't know if he was ready to face the man he saw as his father. It had been five years since he left. Five years without birthdays and five years with him to help him on the anniversary of his parents death. How was he supposed to face that man. Would he turn away, he knew Bruce had always hate killing thought it was so wrong. But dick had crossed those lines along time ago, there was no turning back. Dick just keep going towards them. When he got to were robin is he saw batman not that far behind. Batman says" who are you and want do you want. " you wouldn't talk to your son like that who you. Batman say" dick is it really you". yeah old man it me. Batman says" you been the one there talking about over in blüdhaven". yeah got it wrap up pretty good. Batman says" the killing too. ". Yeah but that not my fault, deathstroke got to be broke me. Not just mind but body to. Batman says" I noticed the limp. When did he get you." a little bit after I left. He imprisoned me for a year. Batman says" I'm sorry dick if we would of never fought, that wouldn't have happened. " Bruce it not your fault you weren't the one who got sent to prison and you weren't the one who brought the guns into the cave. The fight was my fault, it was all my fault. Batman says" dick listen to me it wasn't your fault I was the one who brought you back and I didn't help get your mind back. You got part of it but you never got it fully back. If it any ones fault it mine." Bruce why don't we do this, let say it none of our faults. I'm a lost cause there nothing that can change that. My mind is beyond repair, there nothing left to fix. There not way to fix me. Batman says" dick don't say that your not a lost cause. We will get you better." what the point I caused so much pain I don't deserve to be fixed. I deserve to rot in hell with everyone else like me. Batman says" lets get you home, Alfred will be glad to see you and Tim I sent him home but he will love to see you again, so will Barbara. She might beat you up first but she will love to see you. So what do you say." I don't know if I could face them. All the pain I caused them. I guess I will go. Let go. I'm ready to eat Alfred's food again. I live off a prisoners meal for a year and not much better after that. Batman says" well then let's go." they take the batmoblie to the batcave. When they get there Robin is sitting at the computer asleep. Dick jumps out of the car and runs over to where Tim is. He taken his mask off it the car. Dick shakes tim's shoulders and says Tim wake up.  Tim stirs and says" five more minutes" Tim get up or I will take peanut back.  Tim jerks up right and says" dick is that really you" yes Tim it me. "  dick I have missed you so much where have you been." dick just look at Tim and sighs then says I will tell you about it later for now lets go get upstairs and something to eat. Come on I'll race you. Tim jumps up and runs up the stairs with dick following him. Dick can't go up the stairs that fast any more because of the injury that deathstroke gave him.