Mechagodzilla

Mechagodzilla (メカゴジラ Mekagojira) is an alien created by that first appeared in the , .

Contents

Height: 50-120 meters

Weight: 40,000-150,000 metric tons

Name

Mechagodzilla's name comes from the word "mecha," which is derived from "mechanical," and from another monster, (ゴジラ Gojira). In , the "2" in its name after it is rebuilt comes from the fact that it is the second Mechagodzilla.

The original Mechagodzilla is sometimes called "Mechagodzilla 1" or "Mechagodzilla I" by fans, coming directly from the fact that it is the first incarnation of Mechagodzilla.

Appearance

Mechagodzilla is a robot that resembles from the 1960s through 1970s.

The original Mechagodzilla in has short and stubby finger missiles, a metal piece with three bolts on the hand plate, a less defined and prominent shoulder frill, one orange button each on the chest and above the crotch, a bottom-half pentagon underneath the chest cannon, two circular pieces coming from the chest canon, smooth grooves that runs along the back feet, the knee plates gets smaller as they go towards the back of its legs, a smooth and solid tail blade, the plates on the tail are smooth and run straight across, and red "MG" initials on its arms that stands for "Mecha Godzilla".

The rebuilt Mechagodzilla from Terror of Mechagodzilla has longer finger missiles, one big metal piece on its hand plate, a more defined and prominent shoulder frill, one silver button on the chest, one silver button underneath the chest cannon and two silver buttons above the crotch, a triangle underneath the chest cannon, two lightning-like pieces coming up the chest, sharp spurs that stick out of the back of the feet, the knee plates get really small and thin half way and goes around the back, a smooth and solid tail blade with three big bolts in it, the plates on the tail are V-shaped, and blue and orange "MG2" initials on its arms that stands for "Mecha Godzilla 2", thus giving it the name Mechagodzilla 2 (メカゴジラ2 Mekagojira Tsu).

Roar

Mechagodzilla's roar is a high-pitched, metallic-sounding version of Godzilla's roar.

Origins

In Godzilla vs. Mechagodzilla, Mechagodzilla was constructed by the following close study of the real as a tool to conquer the . Initially, Mechagodzilla was covered in a pseudo-skin that almost perfectly it as Godzilla himself. Following the machine's defeat at the hands of Godzilla and , it was rebuilt as a more advanced model dubbed Mechagodzilla 2 in the film .

In , Mechagodzillas are a mass-produced army of war machines built by the leader of the aliens while posing as a Russian businessman. The Mechagodzillas were constructed under the guise of providing a cheaper alternative to the U.S. government's that any nation could purchase to defend itself from attacks. In reality, the Mechagodzillas were built as a supplement to the Cryogs' invasion force of monsters, alongside and .

History

in

Mechagodzilla first appeared from and rampaged through the countryside. emerged from underground and suddenly attacked it, but was brutally beaten, even having his jaw broken. Mechagodzilla then moved on to , where it was intercepted by the real . After a brief skirmish, Mechagodzilla shed its disguise and revealed the full extent of its weaponry. Mechagodzilla blasted Godzilla with its finger missiles and fired its laser vision at Godzilla. Godzilla countered with his atomic breath, causing the beams to lock and explode, severely damaging Mechagodzilla and badly wounding Godzilla. Mechagodzilla was called back to the ' base in Okinawa to be repaired. The aliens captured a human scientist, , and forced him to repair Mechagodzilla in exchange for his daughter's life. After Mechagodzilla was completed, it was unleashed once again and sent to destroy , an ancient guardian monster of Okinawa. Mechagodzilla dominated the battle, but before it could defeat King Caesar, Godzilla appeared once again, seeking a rematch. Godzilla and King Caesar then joined forces against Mechagodzilla, and eventually forced the mechanical monster to attempt to retreat. Godzilla called upon his newfound magnetic powers to pull Mechagodzilla toward him. Godzilla held Mechagodzilla still while King Caesar repeatedly attacked it, then twisted the machine's head off. Mechagodzilla's body then exploded along with the aliens' base, ending the invasion.