Gorosaurus

Gorosaurus (ゴロザウルス Gorozaurusu) is a dinosaur created by that first appeared in the , .

Contents

Height 20-35 meters

Weight: 8,800 metric tons

[]

Gorosaurus' name might be derived from the word "gorogoro," meaning "thunder," and the Greek word saurus, meaning lizard or reptile. Another possibleexplanation may be that it's an intentionally corrupted form of , as both names are extremely similar in both English and Japanese; however, no official word has confirmed the origin of the name.

Gorosaurus is a gray color all over, though in some highlights the color can change from a greenish tint or even a form of teal and blue, and has skin with pronounced scaly bumps. Gorosaurus has a row of triangular plates running down his back, as well as a bipedal stance, strong legs, fairly short arms, and a big head. Like , Gorosaurus also sports a spike on the tip of his tail.

In , much like , Gorosaurus' roar is also another modified roar but was sped up and altered in pitch. Gorosaurus' roar also utilizes parts of 's screech.

In Gorosaurus' protagonistic role in , his roar was slowed down and deepened. Gorosaurus was also given one of Godzilla's roars, during the fight with King Ghidorah. In this film, Gorosaurus also had some other monsters' roars blended into his roar, like 's screech which can be heard at the beginning of his roar. Gorosaurus also used Varan's unedited roar during the scene where he destroys the Arc de Triomphe.

According to the , it said in Gorosaurus' bio that he is an abrupt descendant of Allosaurus. This is relevant to Gorosaurus' design, as most dinosaurs from the Allosauridae family have a triangular-shaped head.

Gorosaurus in

Gorosaurus lived on when he attacked and tried to eat her. attacked him and saved her. Gorosaurus used his Kangaroo Kick multiple times on Kong, but he was defeated when Kong broke his jaw.

Gorosaurus in

In , Gorosaurus was living on with the other Earth monsters. After the monsters were taken over by the , Gorosaurus was sent to attack , burrowing underneath and destroying the .

He was later called back to to guard the Kilaak transmitter. After he was released from his mind control, he helped and the other Earth monsters battle , damaging the alien dragon's spine after he delivered a Kangaroo Kick to his back. After the destruction of Kilaaks, Gorosaurus and the other Earth monsters returned to Monsterland and lived out their days peacefully.

Gorosaurus in

Gorosaurus also appears in the series , as a one-time enemy of the eponymous Godman. Gorosaurus appeared in a town and started wandering around, stepping on trees. Godman comes to fight, and the two spar. Godman ends up ripping off Gorosaurus's jaw.

The Gorosaurus suit here is in such poor shape that the inner support seems to be deteriorating. It makes Gorosaurus' torso look like its caving in. His jaw also flops open and shut and appears to hang at a very slight angle.

Gorosaurus in

Also, in the 1968 film , Gorosaurus is shown with the ability to burrow underground. This is the only incident where this ability is shown.

Gorosaurus' battle against King Ghidorah showed his strategies. While fighting, Godzilla and Anguirus attacked the two outermost heads as a distraction, which Gorosaurus used to sneak behind King Ghidorah; his blind spot. Gorosaurus kicks King Ghidorah down to the ground, where the other kaiju pin him down and finally kill him.

Gorosaurus hitting King Ghidorah in

Aside from the usual tooth and claw, Gorosaurus has been noted for using a "kangaroo kick" against foes like and . This is Gorosaurus' most popular trait.

Gorosaurus is also known for being just as strong or even stronger than Godzilla when it comes to muscle strength.

_section_stub_
This section is a stub. Please help by adding proper information on this subject.

"An evolved relic species of the Allosaurus, a carnivorous dinosaur from the late Jurassic Period. It moves nimbly and uses its long tail as a springboard to pounce and attack. Its ultimate attack is a two-legged flying kick that can connect from as far as 30 meters away.

Although carnivorous, the Gorosaurus is not savage at heart. The first one discovered on was eventually defeated by , but another was bred on an isolated island at a safe haven called "." Though manipulated by the to destroy the in , it later joined the army of monsters in the fight against .

Gorosaurus's model has proven quite popular due to its lifelike realism. Die-cut latex mixed with sawdust was applied to the skin over the entire body to achieve a sense of hardness and mass.

— Gorosaurus Kaiju Guide bio

Gorosaurus in Godzilla: Rulers of Earth

Gorosaurus has seen in a flashback that the Mothra Fairies told Lucy in an attempt to explain the origins of all monsters. Gorosaurus was seen devouring two full-grown dinosaurs, a Tyrannosaurus, and a Spinosaurus, which were about to fight over a downed Triceratops.

Before he could eat his meal, attacked him, but the Allosaurus-like monster kicked the dragonfly beast and knocked her out of the sky. Gorosaurus was later seen frozen next to . He is also present in the 'Land' monsters section of a cave mural.

Later, Gorosaurus battles a horde of who invade his home and manages to hold them off. However, he is beaten down, and a Beta Trilopod gains some of his blood, taking on some of the dinosaur's characteristics. Gorosaurus is then subdued, and taken to the Trilopod Hive, where he remains until arrives and breaks him and the other monsters out. Gorosaurus assists in the fight with and then travels to the ocean with Godzilla and the others after Magita is defeated.

Spanish: GorosaurioRussian: ГорозаврChinese: 哥罗龙 (Gē luō lóng)