Part 7 : " Hugging Him "

Hi guys back with an update ,hope it lives up to your expectations.

2 Months later

                 The sound of whispers greeted her as she entered the office , it made her wonder the reason behind it .  Then she met the hesitant smile of Maya ,her friend.

         " What going On?" Swara asked as she greeted her friend who looked bit excited as well ,Maya joined the firm last month and since she didn't have any reasons to be envious of her bond with Sanskar who she never met personally ,they become quite good friends.

          " He is here ,he is here " Maya excited voice greeted her and she didn't need to hear his name to understand who she was talking about ,and she was a fool to believe it wont hurt any longer. 

                Two months of no communication, first she tried to reach out called him ,texted him ,sent him a email ,voice message anything to make him hear her apology for doubting him even for a second .

                 Then she  tried to reach him through Uttara who steadfastly took his brother side and refused to give his new number , and  after two weeks of silence , Keerthi walked into her cabin one day to inform Sanskar asked  her to leave him  alone  . 

        The three words that changed everything , those words that made her give up hope of ever seeing him . Two months of believing that a single doubt from her in a fit of jealousy made him leave . 

          And   Swara believed with time she could come to accept Sanskar coldness towards her  but each passing day she realized with out him she was becoming a shell of a person. She worked to keep herself occupied , made friends so the silence won't consume her and yet her heart refused to move on or forget him.   

           She didn't want to see him today  ,because she knows the moment she does she may break down.  So she decided to seclude herself in her cabin for the remainder of the day .

         An hour later a knock resounded in her door and for a brief second  she wished it was him but it was Keerthi who entered looking tad guilty ,the same expression she had when she was asked to convey Sanskar message .

          " What did he want to say ?" Swara asked keerthi and waited till she spoke up .

         " Nothing . He will be here till the hearing " Keerthi words brought the truth that she forgotten ,in two days times she would no longer be Sanskar Maheshwari . He came back for the divorce proceedings . 

                She remembered receiving the court notice two weeks ago but she was too numb to react and yet his presence made her want to feel anything than this coldness. 

                   " Okay tell him ,he will be free from me soon " Swara hated the bitterness in  her voice , every day she wanted to accept it was her fault  and she did , it was her fault for not loving him .

            But she no longer understands what is the feeling called love  . Her heart no longer believes in love and she understands Sanskar need for distance ,and yet she feels like she lost a very important part of her happiness.

             After Keerthi left. She remained in her cabin and refused to venture out in fear of encountering him , it was only during lunch break Maya joined her .

         " They got back together " Maya pronounced as she took her seat beside her and  at swara silence she continued talking .

        " He is really handsome in person , the whole office is happy that Keerthi and him finally got back together . You see few of our colleagues went to greet our boss in his cabin and found them hugging each other ,isn't it romantic especially as it is a Valentine day " Maya voice echoed in the room and Swara waited for the familiar jealousy to surface  and yet all she felt  was a deep sadness that she lost his friendship unlike Keerthi  .