Bond

"So there's nothing we can track her by," Alex asked.

"Unfortunately not, Director Danvers," Brainy answered, "She didn't leave anything that could be traceable."

"Wait about the feed from her leaving? Have we looked at that," Kara adds.

"Yes, of course... no. Why haven't we?"

"Brainy."

"Pulling it up now."

They all looked at the screen and watched as the girl was looking around the cell squinting. It almost looked like she was looking for something. And whatever it was, she found it. She walked up to a part of the wall and punched a weak spot, causing a plate to come loose. She took off the plate and set it aside then she paused. She turned to the camera and put the plate up to block her out of the shot. There was a flash, then pulled the plate back and put it into place. She ripped through the door a second later. Out of the DEO in seconds.

"What the hell did she do?"

"Only one way to find out," Alex said as she walked to the cells.

They walked into the room and Kara stepped into the cell with her sister. She repeated the unknown alien's actions and when she took the plate of the wall off, she found exposed wires. Alex reached out and touched the split wires, "She singed the power dampeners."

She really needed a drink. How was she supposed to wrap her head around the fact that this stranger was her daughter? Had she believed her at first? God no. She had laughed in the girl's face and reassured her that most aliens, hell most humans, would never associate themselves with a Luthor. None the less have a CHILD with her. But this girl, Keela, had been quite convincing. She gave proof that should be impossible to give. Doesn't make it easy to accept that she was hers.

"I know that a lot of people and aliens in this time aren't the most kind to you."

"That's the understatement of the century."

"But... there are those who love you deeply. Some don't realize how much exactly, though that's not really important at the moment."

"Prove it. Prove that you're my daughter."

"Uh, how?"

"Surely, you can think of something. If you're my daughter, coming up with a solution to a problem should be second nature."

"I could sit here and spout information, but most information about you could be found through one report or another. So, I'm assuming you'd need something that only a handful of people know."

"Wow, you drag things out in a rather dull manner. Now, if you'll excuse me-"

"I know about the Harun-El."

Lena froze. And Keela continued, "I know about your continued experiments with Harun-El. I know that you and Eve continued to work with it. I'm not exactly sure what year it is, but I'm assuming that you're still working with it and only the two of you know."

Lena was tense, but tried to hide it when her eyes locked with Keela's. Keela's face went from serious to a comforting smile as the bond was felt at the surface again. She took a step forward and gently grabbed her mother's hand. Her mother went to pull her hand back, but Keela gave a promise that it was ok. Her hand was brought to Keela's face and before her palm made contact Keela spoke, "That pull you're feeling. It's a maternal bond that my other parent's species develops. Though, ours is a tad special."