Part 20

You wondered trough the arcade hoping to find a game that was to your liking. After wondering a bit, you were unable to find a game that motivated you to play on. It was a pity because, there a lot of games to try out. So, you decided to come back when you did not feel so odd. On your way you stop in your tracks. You saw it. The game that you have been looking for months now. Maximum Tune 2. You rubbed your eyes and slowly walked towards it, trying not get your hopes up. Once you arrived to the machine you grinned in joy and disbelief. It was Maximum Tune 2. You quickly got your wallet and ran to get tokens so you play. Not caring if it did not have manual settings or that it did not have the option to insert your card. You just wanted to play and after inserting the tokens, you pulled out the card and inserted it into the game. 

You felt ecstatic since you've been itching to play this game for a really long time now and because of that you lost track of time. Being struck by hunger is a good way to know that you needed to do another activity. So, you decided to go to a fast food and eat. It felt odd to eat alone in a place like this. Usually you had some sort of company to prevent these feelings of loneliness and frustration to surface. Finishing your meal as quickly as possible not because you were feeling a bit bummed out but, because you were in Gotham. That meant that it wasn't a god idea to be out especially if you weren't familiar with the city. But before going back to your dorm you went to a convenience store to buy some snacks and possible meals for the week.

On your way back to your dorm you heard loud noises. You looked around for a store to hide in just in case it was villain. But all of the stores seemed closed so your best option was to find an alley and open a portal to campus. You searched multiple alleyways but they seemed to have something going on. Yet no matter how far you walked the noises seemed to follow you. Eventually you find a place open the portal but a part of your head felt cold followed buy a gun shot. A shadow fell from the sky making loud splat. This caused you to be frozen in place; your breathing became erratic and your ears were ringing. Arms reached and caressed you, a soothing voiced tried to calm you. As a reflexed you hugged the stranger that was soon followed by a whimper. The voice spoke but you were in so much shock the at the moment you didn't care. You held them as if your life depended on it. Minutes passed and you finally calmed down.

"Better?" The voice asked and you nod in response. You compose yourself and pull away from the person. "That's good. Wouldn't want you to be hurt or anything.", the voice chuckled. You pulled yourself back so you could see who it was. Upon seeing who it was you bitterly glared and pushed them.

"The fuck Cal?", you hissed slapping his chest causing him to laugh. "I'm sorry, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to scare you like that okay? I was hunting a creature down and The Bat arrived and totally got in the way. Causing the creature to act even more dangerously. Meaning that not only to deal with the thing I also had Batman up my ass too. So long story short; I'm really sorry that I shot the gun near your ear. I really am.", he pleaded while placing his arms on your shoulders. All you could do was sigh because you knew that he meant it. He wasn't stupid but, it didn't mean that he was off the hook with you. "Yeah sure whatever Caliban.", you murmured heading out of the alleyway. Caliban followed suit not wanting to leave you alone.

"So, what brings to Gotham?", you asked feeling a bit annoyed by his presence.

"Work, sadly." He sighed taking out his phone to make a call you presumed. "Yeah it's done. I'll send you the address so you can pick it up. I know. Yeah. By the way you might want to hurry. The Bat saw it so, yeah. Anyway bye." He said hanging up and proceeded to send a text.

"I see that business is well." You stated raising a brow. Caliban yawned while stretching his arms. "Business is always good kitten. It always is." He grinned wrapping an arm around your shoulder bringing you closer to him. You chuckled. "So how are you feeling, [N/Name]?"

"My head and ears still fucking hurt. I don't know if I'm gonna go deaf or something plus my sucks but, you know what-" "Okay I get just turn around kid." Caliban interjected so that you would stop complaining. Even though you were peeved that not he shot a gun near your head he also had the audacity to interrupt your much-deserved whining you did what you were told. "Alright just relax and close your eyes [N/Name]" he ordered and you complied. Knowing what he was going to do. A few seconds pass and you feel hands on your face, then you feel warmth caress you head making you feel at ease. Slowly the warmth leaves and so does Caliban's hands. "Better?" He asked and you nod. "Good. So, where's your place?" Asked while he continued your walk.

"Uh, at Gotham University's dorms." You answered catching up to him.

"Okay." He said. You looked at him confused; since he didn't come up with dumb question or a witty remark but, you chose not to say anything about it. You and Caliban continued talking about the little things and stuff. It was fun talking to him.

After a bit more of walking you finally arrived to campus. Caliban pulled you into a hug, gave you his new number and left. Which you found weird but then you remembered that Batman was probably looking for him. Especially after Caliban shot whatever it was that he shot in the alley. You thought that you should check that out later because right now you were kind of tired and your arms felt heavy from carrying your snacks that you forgot about.