one

"ALRIGHT CLASS, THAT'S ALL for today

"ALRIGHT CLASS, THAT'S ALL for today." Mrs. Andrews announced when the last bell of the day sounded. "Have a nice weekend everyone, and please, be safe."

Marissa got up from her seat in the back row, picking up her French textbook and waiting - ever so patiently - for the people in front of her to file out of the classroom. She met up with Patricia when she finally made her way out and sent a kind smile to Brandon, the boy she sits next to. He returned the gesture and walked off, leaving Marissa with her best friend of five years to make their way back to Anubis House.

"That seemed cheeky," Patricia teased, referring to the smile her friend sent to the extremely attractive boy, nudging her shoulder in a suggestive manner as they stopped by their lockers to grab their bags. Marissa rolled her eyes, biting back a smile, heaving her heavier-than-necessary bag over her shoulder.

"Not even," She giggled.

"Yeah, because who would want to date Marissa Bradley anyways, right Patricia?" A voice called from right behind them. Marissa didn't even have to turn around to see who it was. The girl beside her sent a knowing and sympathetic smile, ready to endure the wrath she was about to place on the one and only Jerome Clarke.

"Ah, insulting me because you can't seem to find someone yourself, Clarke?" Marissa asked rhetorically, turning around, crossing her arms over her chest tightly. The girl heard chuckling from behind her and felt pride bubble inside her.

Jerome sent a glare, crossing his own arms, "That could be it, but I'm convinced it's just because I love to insult you." he grinned wholeheartedly at the end, loosening his stance slightly.

"Now is that because you can't seem to find anyone else to piss off, or because, even after five years, you just can't get enough of me?" She questioned, eager for the lack of response she was bound to get from the boy.

Jerome stared at Marissa for a few seconds, then said, "Whatever, Bradley, I have other places to be, people to prank, you know."

"Ah, yes, how can I forget your daily schedule that consists of two things?" He rolled his eyes and walked off, meeting up with Alfie a few doors down, who probably waited there because the last time he was caught up in one of Jerome and Marissa's "conversations", he almost got smacked in the face with her hockey stick.

Marissa smirked as the tall boy left the school, and motioned for Patricia that it was safe to leave.

"What was that?" she asked, slightly confused by what just took place.

Marissa shrugged, "What do you mean?"

"Since when did you fall in love with Jerome?" she asked, and the girl choked on air.

"What are you talking about?" she demanded, terrified that someone like Patricia would even say words like that in the same sentence.

"Oh, come on, Marissa. I love you and I kind of love Jerome, you know. I've known him longer than you have and yes, he's annoying and irritating and so much more, but deep, deep, deep," Patricia grimaced, realizing there weren't many ways to end off her sentence on a positive note, "down, he's a nice guy." she tried.