Stealing his clothes

This morning I woke up to a sleeping Captain Levi with his arm around me lightly, snuggled into my back, and snoozing gently.

I smile, rolling over and into him. He stirs in his sleep a little and I pause, not moving a muscle and he snores again gently.

I admire his peaceful expression, irregularly seeing him in this state. He was always fussing about something, whether that was cadets, cleaning, paperwork or titans, you name it. So, it was relaxing to see him so calm.

As I reach in to gently stroke his hair, I remember that I fell asleep in his clothes. He went on a mission and only came back last night. I was asleep by the time he arrived, and forgot to change. His clothes were a reminder of his smell, and were a comfort to wear when he wasn't here.

He even had a mini bottle of my signature perfume in his cape pocket.

I rest my head back onto the pillow, pulling him in close and enjoying this tranquillity with him. It was rare to have that in this line of work, so I learned to appreciate it when I could.

Before I knew it, my eyes were struggling to stay open, and I doze off into a peaceful sleep.

A few hours later, I woke up to quiet shuffling. I blink, rubbing the sleep from my eyes as the sun hits them.

"Sorry, did I wake you?" Levi's voice murmurs beside me. "No, no, you're okay," I whisper.

I could feel his arm wrap around my waist as he rests onto my chest. I stroke his hair, smiling down at all the tufts sticking out. He always had bed hair, and it was the most adorable thing ever.

"Are you wearing my clothes?" he mutters. I tense up, laughing softly. "Yeah...forgot to change before I fell asleep last night."

"I don't mind," he hums. "You're a clean person, I trust you to not ruin them."

I smile as he pulls back to look up at me. He sat up, gently capturing my lips with his.

"What time is it?" I whine as he pulls back.

"Think it's nearing noon," he chuckles.

"What?" I jolt up.

"Careful, remember we're off today."

I sigh with relief, melting back into his arms. "Good, don't think I could stick training anymore cadets today," I mutter as I rub my face.

"No, you'll just have to deal with me all day."

"You say that like it's a bad thing."

"Sometimes it can be."

I sent him a look and he snorts.

"Are we just going to lie in bed all day?"

"Well, since I'm wearing some of your clothes, I'd like to know how to tie a cravat."

"Oh, yeah?" he nods, sitting up and reaches over to his bedside locker. He pulls out the fabric, wrapping it around my neck. This cravat was the one Erwin gifted him as a 'Christmas present'.

Levi hated celebrating his birthday, so for his sake we pretended it didn't exist. He was very happy with that. But, instead we pinned all the nice things for him as a Christmas thing.

The man shifts his fingers around the fabric as he taught me how to tie it.

He was good at teaching with how peaceful his voice was.

"Are you listening? You're not even watching. You've been staring at me."

"You're pretty."

"Pretty?" he snorts, eyes widening when he realises I was serious.

"And you're a weirdo," he huffs, blushing.

"You're bad at taking compliments."

He twitches his brows in agreement.

I think I'd love to spend every morning with him, just like this. I wouldn't change it for the world.