Day 12: Role Reversal

Keith was panicking, realizing he was trapped in the airlock. "Help!" He screamed, banging his fists on the glass. Lance came from around the corner, running from one of the bots. "Lance!" Keith screamed, getting Lance's attention. "What are you doing in there?!" Lance shouted. "That doesn't matter! If you don't get me out of here, I'm going to be sucked out into space!" Keith yelled back. A few seconds later, the countdown ended, and the airlock opened. "I'm getting sucked out into space!" Keith yelled in fear, frantically grabbing onto the wall at the side of the hatch. Lance grit his teeth, fighting back against the training bot. He slammed his hand on the airlock button and quickly pulled Keith back inside as the bot was sucked out into the void. He closed the airlock and they both collapsed to the floor in exhaustion. Once their breathing had slowed, Lance turned to Keith. "What were you doing out there?!" He asked loudly. Keith was still clearly shaken. Lance fell back against the wall, panting softly. "Lance?" "Yeah?" "Thanks." Lance looked over at Keith. "No problem, man. You okay?" He asked. Keith nodded. "You still look kind of shaky." Lance said. Keith shrugged slightly. "I mean, I almost died, so..." he said. Lance rubbed the back of his neck nervously. "Uh... do you want a hug or something?" After a moment of hesitation, Keith nodded. Lance was a bit surprised, but he opened his arms nonetheless. Keith moved closer to him and wrapped his arms around Lance's waist, burying his face in Lance's shoulder. Lance hugged him back, rubbing soothing circles into his back. "I'm sorry, I'm being a baby over this." Keith mumbled. "You have a right to be scared, Keith. You don't have to apologize for that." Lance said. After a bit, Keith pulled away. He stood up and held out a hand to help Lance up. "Thanks again." He said with a smile. Lance smiled back at him. "Anytime, Keith. We're a team. You got back, I got yours." "Is that your way of saying that I owe you one?" Keith teased. Lance grinned. "More or less." "Jerk." Keith chuckled. 

(That wasn't all that good, sorry yall, I've had writer's block all day today)