Chapter Three

Put your story texI woke up to the daylight piercing through the blinds and I sat up to see Saladin over by the stack of books looking through them, again. "Why do you keep going through your books?" I asked. "To make sure that I know everything and that I understand it all. Plus, it's the only pass time for me." Saladin said. Saladin stood up and walked over to me and patted me on the back and said "You like to squirm in your sleep. It looked like you were snaking your way out of a pipe." I looked at him and asked "You watched me sleep?" "Well, what else was I expose to do besides read and write?" he asked. I said nothing and looked over at the stack of books and tried not to think about what happened last night. "Are you hungry, James?" Saladin asked. "No. I'm good." I said. Saladin sat next to me and said "Are you sure? You look hungry?" "Yes, I'm sure." I said. Saladin looked around the house and stood up and went into the kitchen to make himself something to eat. I heard all sorts of pots and pans being rattled around and I just laid back down and turned so that I was laying on my stomach.

There was nothing to do except to sleep and walk around the house trying to keep sane. I stood up and began to walk around the house and I guess Saladin was starting to get tired of me being bored because he pulled me down next to him when I passed by him. He sat me on his lap and said "Would you stop? I can find you something to do and it'll probably be carrying all of these books across the house." I gave him a look and said "I'm good, I'll just go back to sleep or count the ceiling tiles." Saladin let me stand up and I walked over to the couch and laid down and looked up at the ceiling and counted the tiles. I got up to 30 and then I got really bored as hell and began to daydream about various things that I could remember. I wanted to think about what would happen if I got caught but, Saladin said that it was making him nervous and that it was unhealthy for me. I slowly shook my head at that thought and decided to take up that offer that Saladin had given me. I went over to him and asked "So, you want me to carried these books over to where?" Saladin looked up at me from a book and he smiled a big smile. "Over there by the kitchen and make sure that they don't get damaged. They are already damaged and I don't want to add to that, okay?" Saladin said. I nodded my head "yes" and picked up a bid stack of books and slowly carried them over to the kitchen. I sat them down and went over for the next stack.

After the 8th stack my arms tired out and I accidental dropped the 9th stack and I fell down with it. Saladin laughed as hard as he could at me and I just stayed there on the ground embarrassed as hell. I slowly got up and put all the books back into a stack and then I picked them up and carried them into the kitchen and Saladin was laughing the whole entire time. I went over to get the last stack and I picked it up but, it was too heavy for my tired arms. I sat down and tried to relax but Saladin wanted to poke fun at me by, poking my arms. "Your so tense and funny! Your muscles gave out on you! Oh my god!" Saladin said, laughing. I just let him laugh and I got tired of him laughing so I plugged up my ears with my fingers and tried to hold in my anger. After two minutes, Saladin finally stopped laughing and it was back to serious business of carrying books and research. I carried the last stack over into the kitchen and I felt really tired and said "Can I take a nap?" "Sure." Saladin said. I went over to the couch and laid down and fell asleep. I has a weird dream that was a different version of me killing Jake. I was standing on a bridge and so was Jake but, he was sort of leaning over to see the water that was rushing beneath us. I ran over to him and pushed him off the bridge and I could feel the skin on his back when I pushed him off. I stood over the bridge laughing like an idiot and then my parents came and they both had guns and they shot me dead.

I woke up scared half to death and Saladin was pretty much used to this and he didn't get scared. I looked around to make sure that Saladin and I were the only ones in the house. We were and I laid back down and fell back asleep. I had another version of the dream except this time I was the one being killed. I dreamt that Jake was hitting the crap out of my face and I felt every punch and then he picked me up and threw me across the yard and then stomped my face into the ground and then he threw me into the water and I felt sick to my stomach. I felt everything and I had all of my senses and I wanted to cry and then turn myself in so these nightmares would just end. I opened my eyes and sat up and saw Saladin sitting in a chair writing in a book of his. "Saladin." I said. He looked up at me and he asked "What is it?" "I keep having nightmares about me killing Jake and I'm scared." I said. "Did you pee yourself?" he asked. I squinted my eyes at him and said "NO! Why would I do that?" Saladin shrugged his shoulders and said "I don't know. Just wondering. Don't be scared about it. They're just dreams, James. They won't hurt you." I said nothing and then went back to sleep because I was still sleepy. Saladin walked over to where I was and sat on my back and he waited for me to tell him to get off. But, to tell the truth, Saladin was acting like a heavy blanket and I was warm under his butt. Saladin was just waiting and he was reading a book, too.