•Headless Honeymoon•

Josh's POV:

I left the house more confident than ever, I rode my car all the way to Mindy's house, I even might have broke the speed limit a few times. Drake made me realize that there is a possibility for me to have romance without Mindy, it's not completely as crazy as I thought before, right? He was going to call Heather and she could be my girlfriend! I mean, if she did like me like Drake thought, that could mean that Mindy isn't the only girl who could like me! And I need more experience before I can choose one person, or at least that's what I saw on an episode of Opera that really spoke to me. All of these thoughts flooded in on my drive to Mindy's, constantly encouraging me that I was doing the right thing, I knew I was. I had to be strong. I arrived at her house faster than I imagined and readied myself at her front door, I knew better than to try and get in her window again. Before I could even knock, the door swung open, catching me off-guard. There stood Mindy, who looked surprised yet angry which caused my face to flush and I could already feel the sweat begin, even in the brisk, cold air. "What are you doing here Josh?" Mindy demanded, holding the door open enough that I could only see her. "I need to talk to you," I muttered, remaining strong but my words shook slightly. "I don't want to hear it, I'm tired. Go home Josh," Mindy sighed and began to shut the door. Before it was fully shut, I stuck my hand out and held it open. "Mindy..." I began, and took a deep breath, it was helpful that I couldn't see her through the crack in the door, "I think we need to take a break." All noise from inside ceased and I heard Mindy's breathing stop, as did mine. It seemed like forever as I stood in the cold air before the door swung open again, fully, this time. "You what?" Mindy had an expression that I've never seen before, she looked infuriated and betrayed, I was filled with fear. It took me a moment before I could speak again, but I knew I needed to do this, "I thought that we could take a break... so that I knew for sure that I was... making the right... choice" I muttered out the words to my surprise, but didn't look at Mindy at all. I looked back up from the ground to see her expression remaining the same, but now she was biting her lower lip, as if she was thinking on what to do next. "I can NOT believe that you are treating me like this! What do you mean, you need to see if you are making the right choice? You have NEVER spoken about your desire to date other people before, what did Drake say to you?! I've been telling you that he is destructive for your wellbeing for so long, can't you see this?" She took a deep breath, "you know what? No, we are not going to take a break, I won't let you get rid of me so easily. Good night, Josh." And with that, she slammed the door in my face, not allowing for a response. But she did make some good points, why did I suddenly want to date other people? Why did talking to Drake make me notice that, was he just trying to convince me of this because he didn't like Mindy? My thoughts and feelings were jumbled in my brain, I couldn't think of what the right thing to do was. Do I go with Mindy or Drake? I don't want to choose! I removed myself from Mindy's doorstep and drove myself home, distracted the entire time. I probably should have walked, or calmed down, but I managed to get home safe. I was so confused on what do say to Drake, I didn't know if I was upset that his advice didn't work, or if I was disappointed in myself for not being able to do it. I walked into the house to see Drake, on the same spot on the couch, playing his guitar and paying no attention that I walked through the door. I walked to the couch with heavy feet and stood in front of him, he actually looked up and stopped playing his guitar. "Josh! How'd it go?" He seemed interested for once, and put his guitar down on the couch next to him. I just looked at him with a down expression and shook my head. Drake pulled his hands to his face, "Come on Josh! She controlled you again?" "No! Drake, I actually told her what I thought, but she closed the door in my face and told me that she wouldn't agree to a break! I couldn't do anything more!" I explained, but felt hopeless. "She doesn't have to agree! If you are breaking up with her, then that is your decision!" Drake was really passionate now, listening intently for my response. "I know! But she shut the door in my face. And I wasn't breaking up with her, just offering to take a break! I don't want to lose her forever," I felt worse now than before, finally admitting out loud that I was afraid to be left with nothing that I would take Mindy back if I found no one else to love me. I know it sounds silly, but she has been there for me through a lot, how can I just give her up? "No, Josh, you NEED to give her up forever, you can't keep her as a backup plan, you don't deserve someone like her to suck all of the good out of you," he paused to stand up and face me while looking straight into my eyes, "Josh, you can not be with her anymore." I looked right into Drake's eyes, he had a new expression and an emotion within his eyes that showed desperation. I could feel his breath hit my face, it was strong and hot, he was really passionate about this argument. Was he right? Did I have to leave her forever in order to be happy? "Drake," I began, softly, "I don't think I can leave her forever, I need her." I felt pathetic revealing this to Drake but he looked to be more understanding now. "Josh," Drake was now also speaking softly, but came closer, "I can show you that you don't need her."