Chapter Two-The LoveBirds

Mayhaila's POV

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

  I woke up this morning with the sun in my eyes and the sheets halfway off the bed. I climbed off my bed and opened the door to my small private balcony. I stretch my arms over my head as I listen to the seagulls cawing through the air. The waves crashed against each other and onto the sand. Just some of the perks of living on the beach and being the daughter of Luke Hemmings. I sighed and silently observed the calm setting before heading back inside. I picked up the remote to my stereo off my vanity and pressed the power button in the direction of the stereo next to my shoe closet. I set the remote down just as my new favorite song comes here, "Rude" by Magic!

  I brush my hair in the mirror and hum along to the music. I set my brush down and squirt lotion into my hands before rubbing it on my face. By the chorus, I'm full out belting the lyrics while getting ready.

  "Why you gotta be soo ru-ude?" I twirled around with my dry foundation and brush in my hand. "Don't you know I'm human to-oo." I swiped the brush across my cheek. "I'm gonna marry her anyway!" I swiped across the other cheek. "Marry that girl..." I sung under my breath. I put the foundation down and picked up the blush. The song ended as I dabbed silver eye shadow over my lid. I was singing along to the next song when I saw my phone light up with a call. I set down my make-up and unplugged my phone from the charger I plugged into the outlet next to the huge mirror in my private bathroom.

  "Hello?" I answered, walking back into my bedroom to turn down the volume on the radio. 

  "Hello beautiful." answered the voice on the other end of the line which just happened to be my long-term boyfriend, Emory. He always called me every Saturday morning at 9 am, no matter where he was. He'd always answer the same way, by calling me beautiful and making me blush.

  "What're you doing?" I asked him, still giggling with butterflies in my stomach. I've had crushes before, but nothing like what I feel with Emory. We've been dating for three years, since the summer before eighth grade. I was dancing with my friends during the end-of-summer dance at camp when he walked up to me and asked me to slow dance with him. After the song was over, he took me behind a cabin and kissed me.

   "Just thinking about you," he said sweetly. I giggled again. He could be so cheesy.

   "Hehehe-snort." Oh my freaking gosh, I can't believe I actually did that, over the phone!

   "Did you just...snort?" He asked laughing. I took a deep sigh of relief and laughed with him.

   "Hey shut up!" I told him. We were talking for 20 minutes before my mom called me downstairs.

  "Hey, I gotta go. I'll talk to you later." I said, ending our conversation.

  "See ya beautiful." I giggled once more before hanging up and skipping down the stairs. I just now realized my make-up was only partically done and I'm still in my pajamas. I had eye shadow on only one eye and no mascara or eyeliner. When I walked downstairs, Lassite, my mother, was walking into the kitchen with an empty cup in her hands. She stopped as soon as she saw me. I tried to "act natural" by leaning against the doorframe to the stairs. Lucky for me, I didn't know where the doorframe was so instead I fell sideways on the hardwood flooring. I groaned and tried to get up while Lassite just stood where she was...laughing her head off. She doubled over, red from laughing while I grabbed the wall and lifted myself up. I stumbled, dazed and hurting. By the time I got my vision back, my mom wa still laughing.