3•

Bahja

I act on impulse and quickly kick my leg up, hitting the person square in between the legs. From the sound of the groan, I can tell it's a guy. He staggers back, but still keeps his hands around me, a bit looser than before, earning me a spot to slip in and take control. I spin around and press him against the wall, my back to his front, and crush him harshly.

Remember the moves, Bahja.

I coach myself mentally and step forward, grabbing his hands from my waist and turning sideways, yanking him the opposite direction, resulting him in flipping over and landing on the floor on his back. I step away and pant heavily, proud of myself. Reaching down in my shoe, I pull out my pocket knife and flip it open, pulling his head back to me, getting ready to slit his throat. He groans lightly and I take a closer look, seeing who the person is.

"You're fucking joking right now!" I stare at the jackass, also known as Trevante.

"Get the fuck up, Tre!" I said, glaring at him.

I can't believe this shit! A fucking drill? Really?

I mumble angrily under my breath and put my pocket knife back in my shoe and touched my hair and feeling the top of my head.

"You motherfucker, you messed up my neatly styled bun!" I take the hair tie out of my hair and he pants, slowly getting up to his feet.

"You still look beautiful, Bae. You know that, girl. But you're getting better, more hostile." He smirks at me and I huff out annoyed with him and his stupid drill.

"Yeah, whatever. Why are you here, Tre?" I roll my eyes and we make our way to the kitchen.

Ready to be mind fucked now?

I'm like a female version of James Bond. I've been to the craziest parties, the wildest meetings and been around the most dangerous gangs. It's what I do. I sneak my way in, manipulate them and eventually take them down. None of them even suspect it's me. Oh, and for the really slightly disturbing part, I sometimes kill. Not anything messy, but when I kill, it's hush mode. Trevante? He's my mentor. He's 4 years older than me, which makes him 22 and me 18.

Congratulations, you learned a non important fact about me.

We go way back, all the way back to when I saw and watched my mom get killed, now I'm taking her spot. She got in too deep during an investigation/mission and she couldn't get out safely. I watched as she ran the fastest to get back to the car with us, but her mentor had no choice but to drive off. They gunned her down right in front of our car. We would've been killed too. I understand that nothing's a joke in this industry.

I take her place now because it means the world to me. Even if I do end up getting killed because of it, I need to be able to do this to protect myself and my dad. He never knew what my mom did and he still doesn't know. I never plan on telling him either. It's not something I want him to get caught up in. Trevante takes a seat at the kitchen table and sighs deeply.

"We need you somewhere tonight." He gives me an apologetic look and I groan, throwing my head back in the process.

"How the hell am I suppose to pull this one off with my dad? He's gonna start getting suspicious if I tell him I'm going shopping, for the third time this week!" I throw my hands in the air and he frowns.

"Trust me Bahja, I know. Which is why you're going to lie to him and tell him you have a date tonight." Tre grins happily and I want to punch him, but I can't as his plan of a fake date makes me think back to me and Jahseh's date.

So perfect.

His eyes, his laugh, his smile, his voice, his arms around me making sure I didn't fall and his hands on my waist. Man I swear I wish I would've-