Quidditch Commentator // Edited

Chapter Two - Quidditch Commentator (write a chapter in which a character reluctantly participates in an extracurricular activity)

"Oh c'mon, just say you'll do it," James begged as we walked to Charms. I say walked, but he was following me while I pushed my way through the crowds. "Just for the first half even!"

"You can't swap players out during the match," I replied, rolling my eyes. "How stupid do you think I am?"

"Ok, fine, you'd have to play the full match, but even you know I wouldn't be asking you to fill in if I had any other choice," he said, catching up to me.

"No means no," I repeated. We filed into the Charms classroom and I took a seat beside Lily, who had probably arrived ten minutes early.

"Gwyn."

"James."

"Please?"

"No."

"Pretty please?"

"No."

"Gwyn..."

"I said no!" I shouted, shooting him a look.

"Mr. Potter, if you would please be seated so that I can start the lesson," Flitwick yelled from his pile of books at the front of the class. James grumbled and slumped in a seat behind us. I could feel his eyes staring at me for the whole lesson.

We spent the lesson reviewing the Summoning Charm; one of us would hide an item while the other would summon it.

"Accio inkpot," I cast, making an upwards arc with my wand. My inkpot flew into my outstretched hand and I smiled.

It fell though when I hid Lily's quill and she summoned it without uttering a word.

"Non-verbally? Really?" I asked, raising an eyebrow. "When did you learn to do that?"

"I've had a lot of spare time recently, what with you being in detention every other day," she replied, smiling widely.

"Hey, it's not my fault," I said, summoning my bag.

"Oh, right. It was obviously Sirius' fault for mistaking the Devil's Snare for a Flitterbloom in Herbology," she reminded. I grinned; the look on his face had been priceless. Granted, it was a bit harsh of a prank, but the pot I had replaced it with was still a sproutling and couldn't do any damage.

"He shouldn't have kept changing my goblet back into a rabbit when I was doing a demonstration in Transfiguration," I shrugged, renumbering the embarrassment I had felt. Lily shook her head and went to hide my inkpot again.

"Accio inkpot," I summoned, my hand outstretched. I waited, but it never appeared. "Accio inkpot," I summoned again. This time, the inkpot did appear but the lid was off and it spilt down my hand and onto my white shirt as it did so.

"What th- Sirius!" I roared, as I spotted the dark-haired boy clutching his sides.

"What? It wasn't me," he said, bursting out in laughter.

"Look at me again and tell me it wasn't you," I growled.

"I-it..it wasn't me!" he denied, his face serious for just a split second before he resumed laughing.

"Oh yeah? Well, see how you like it!" I marched up to him and flung the inkpot at him. He caught it, but the inkpot fell open-end down, spilling all over his robes trousers.

"Damn it, Reich! It wasn't me!"

"You can stop pretending already," I yelled.

"I said, it wasn't me!" he repeated, slamming the empty inkpot down onto a desk. We stood there, staring angrily at each other before a small voice spoke up.