Sleep Over Gone Wrong

Jaxon dropped my body down onto the chair and sat next to me. We had just gotten back from our football game and of course the boys were wrong. We won and the first thing they had to go was carry all of us back to the house. They grudgingly complied, glaring at us the whole way back. They had caught on to what we were doing a little too late, they had already lost the game. We might have been a little unfair, but what can I say, the female body has a lot of advantages. Probably mostly because boys are perverts.

I sighed completely content. I never thought I would be happy again after my parents died. I'm not happy about them being gone of course, but I am happy I found my mate. I was wrong for rejecting him and my parents would have been very disappointed in me. Kaleb probably would have been happy. It's kinda fun that he was only five, but still didn't like me being with boys and I was the oldest. Whenever Micheal and I were around him he'd glare at Michael the whole time and never left us in the room alone unless my parents forced him to. He was kinda crazy at times.

I couldn't help, but wonder if he and my parents would have liked Jaxon. Well, I'm sure my parents would have and after a lot of convincing Kaleb would have gotten used to him. There was only one thing making me sad right now and that was that my parents would never get to meet their grandchildren like they always wanted. My dad would never be able to walk me down the aisle like he wanted. My mother and I wouldn't get to snap pictures of my kids like she wanted and had done for me. I would never get the great neices and nephews I always wanted my brother to have.

As I finally process these thoughts, my mood declines dramatically. Why did it have to be our pack? My family? Why did people have to die? Why couldn't I have a big happy family? Why couldn't I be happy? I had been good when I was younger, hadn't I? I may be stupid sometimes, but I always did the right thing in the end, right? What did I do to desevere this? Why me?

I was glad I had a loving family because most people didn't, but does that mean I don't need to be happy? Why was I being punished? Did I really have something to do with my pack getting attacked? Was it me they were looking for?

They were looking for someone that I was sure of. I could remeber that day like it was yesterday. It was fresh in my mind. There were so many of them that some didn't even have to shift. But they still helped and of course who could miss them running around yelling, "FIND HER! GET HER! HURRY NOW!" Who was the her they were talking about and why was she so important? What did they want with her?

"Kandice?!" Jaxon said bringing me back to reality and brightening my mood immediately.

"Yeah?" I asked blinking twice and staring into him brown green eyes.

"What's wrong?" He was frowning and I could see the worry in his eyes. I touched his forehead wanting to get rid of his frown lines.

His face relaxed and I smiled up at him as he pulled me to him. "There's nothing wrong. I'm fine."

I could tell he didn't believe me, but he let it go either way, probably no wanting to upset me. He smiled too and kissed my forehead. I laid my head on his shoulder and finally notice they already had a movie put on.

Apparently, we were watching Cabin In The Woods. Great, I love horror movies. I snuggled closer to Jaxon as the movie began.

*****************

"Let's play with the water balloons!" Chase exclaimed.

We were walking back outside from watching the movie and were deciding what to do next, standing on the patio. Apparently, Chase wanted to get wet.

I rolled my eyes. "Fine, but we are going to do it the fun way."

"Yeah," Maria said agreeing with me, "We're going to the woods. Girls vs. Boys again. We all go our seperate ways."