Secret for a Secret

I quickly scan the crowd of my classmates and locate Kirishima. He looks left and right, his eyebrows curving as his eyes dart between people. Was he looking for me...? Our eyes meet and his rubies begin to gleam as I walk into his direction.

I push my way through people as they rush to find the other half to their pairing. I find myself walking as fast as possible, holding back so that I don't run. The only thing that was on my mind was to be by Kirishimas side before someone else could take my place.

As I get in front of Kirishima and immediately grab his shoulders, claiming him almost before I open my mouth. "Eijirou....do you wanna team up?" I ask timidly, ironically knowing his answer already. "Of course Suki~" Kirishima gleams. My heart throbbing as this new nickname slips through his mouth.

For a moment I can feel my face heat up but I'm reluctant to hide my blushing. I find myself wanting him to know how it makes me feel- so that he might do it more often. Kiri's eyes widen as he sees my reaction. "Oh~ I'm sorry..." he laughs nervously, scared that I'd fume at him embarrassing me.

"No! It's okay!" I pop off at him. My masculinity seems to dissipate before my eyes as I almost encourage this lovely dovey behavior of his. This new freedom of flirting has made Kirishima go wild, causing my manly attitude to disappear at his words.

Luckily this barrage of flustered feelings is interrupted by the teachers distributing handcuffs to our class. Throwing them left and right without warning, expecting the most of our reflexes. The cuffs landed in Kirishimas hand with a clatter of metallic klanks.

Kirishima snaps the handcuff onto his right hand with a massive shinkkk. "Ahhh this is so uncomfortable~" Kirishima whines, messing with the metal bracelet. "Stop complaining, hair for brains..." I grumble, snapping on my half of the restraints.

Fuck, this is already hell...Why did I think otherwise? But the up close view of Kirishima was nice.....his toned abs and sharp collar bones finally in my field of vision. I slowly pan him, up and down. I met his face and to my surprise, he looked incredibly embarrassed.

Not due to anything I had done surely, I knew this because he had been looking away fromm me the whole time I was taking him in. He slowly twisted the spikes of hair on his hairline. Fidgeting and shifting his feet, he was visibly tense. "Eijirou. What's your problem?" I hiss, trying to hide my true concern.

Wishing to avoid any further embarrassment. Kirishima shot me a fake smile, it didn't make my heart pound- it made it wrench. "What is it?" I repeated angrily. "No no- I just uh. I'm nervous. Everyone else has- different kinds of pairs...." he said, avoiding my eyes.

Different? What the fuck did he mean??? I quickly turn look around, trying to spot the difference he spoke of. Ochako, and Deku. Jirou, and Denki. Sero and Mina.....Tsu and Tokoyami....was he embarrassed of me? Of us? Cause we are....both guys????

"Ei- why do you care what they think?" I grunt, slightly gritting my teeth. "No- I just....don't want anyone to know...about us." He whispers. "And why's that?" I say through my teeth, leaning into him. "I just- You're my first b-boy-ff- friend. Nobody even knows that I'm-" Kirishima stutters, unable to admit his rhetorical sentence.

My nose scrunches up and I turn away from him, saltily. So he can kiss me in a park but all of sudden being my teammate is too gay for him???? Kirishima notices my avoidance to look him in the eyes and I hear a sigh.

"I'm sorry..." I hear him say under his breath. Mrs. Midnight then grabs Kirishima by the arm, leading us over to Deku and Ochako. Our opponents...... g r e a t. Kirishima decides to ignore my attitude and chats with Deku. Being the two annoying rays of fucking sunshine that they are. They always hit it off together.

I revert back to my old habits, and cross my arms angrily with the facial expression of a wet cat. My enthusiasm melting as the words Kirishima spoke repeat in my head.

I turn my head away from him, a little part of me hoping that he'll notice I'm mad; but he doesn't. Fuck. I hate my feelings. Mr. Aizawa walks over to us and motions to the entrance of the makeshift town that our school has for various amounts of training.

"That'll be your post for today. Please try to be kind to the environment- though this is a test, in the future those building won't be so fake." He grunts- specifically eyeing me down as he finishes the second part of the sentence.

I huff- crossing my arms tighter as Kirishimas hand gets forced closer to me. He narrows his eyebrows, wishing I would cooperate. But he knew damn well that's not how I roll. Ochako looks around Deku's chest to shoot me a smile but then shivers as she's met with a far colder stare than expected.

She laughs uncomfortably, reverting back into her place behind Deku. Whispering a comment into his ear. I roll my eyes as I look away- wishing that this could all be over with.

Ms. Midnight leads us to the entrance happily and turns to me and Kirishima. "Since this is a challenge of hiding and evading; you two get a head start before Uraraka and Midoryia!" She expresses in a excited manner.

I say nothing but, Kirishima nods his head. The speakers scream as they adjust to the correct frequency and Mr. Aizawas voice comes over them. "You will have 2 minutes before your opponents will be let into your territory. The timer will start in 3....2....1." He grunts- failing to put any enthusiasm into his words, much less the countdown.

"GO!"