Helping a Friend

(Jirou's POV)

After we finished rehearsal, I check my phone. I've gotten a few texts from Momo.

Momo: Hey do you have a minute?

Momo: I need a huge favor 😶

The texts were from a few minutes ago, but I don't text back because I'll just talk to her in person. Luckily, the rest of the girls were hanging out in Mina's room. The door was open, but I knock anyway to let them know I'm here.

"Hey." I smile.

"Kyouka! Where were you?" Mina asks.

"Uh, we just had band rehearsal." I say. "Also, Momo, you wanted to talk?"

They all look toward her.

"Oh, right, yes. Maybe, just somewhere a little more...private." She replies.

We walk toward the corner of the hallway outside of Mina's room.

"So, what is this "favor" you need?" I ask.

She clears her throat and then sighs.

"Well, you know how Todoroki and I have been dating, right?"

I nod.

"The thing is, I didn't tell my parents and they recently found out. Now they won't let me go out alone with him." She explains.

"Okay..."

"And Todoroki just asked me to go to lunch with him tomorrow, so I was wondering if you and Kaminari could come as well. You don't have to stay the whole time, just so I could show my parents we weren't alone." She says, putting her hands together.

"I'll have to ask him, but I think we'll be able to come with. Does Todoroki know about this?" I ask.

"Yeah, I've already explained it to him." She nods.

"Alright, but what time?"

"He said twelve thirty. We can all walk together to the restaurant." She replies.

"Sounds good." I say.

She let's out a sigh of relief. "Thank you so much."

"No big deal, it's just lunch." I shrug.

Momo heads over to Todoroki's room to tell him and I walk over to Kaminari's room to ask him about it.

I was just about to knock on his door when it swung open, hitting me. I sort of stepped/fell backwards, holding my head.

"Oh crap! Sorry, Kyouka! I-I wasn't paying attention." Kaminari apologizes, moving my wrist away from my head to look at my face.

"It's okay...i'm fine." I shake it off.

"You're not hurt or anything, are you?" He asks.

"I'm okay! I swear." I say, reassuring him.

"Were you about to come in?" He asks.

"Well, I was just going to ask you something." I explain.

"Oh, what was it?"

"Is it okay if we went to lunch with Yaoyorozu and Todoroki tomorrow?" I ask.

"Yaoyorozu and Todoroki? Li-like a double date?"

"I haven't thought about it like that, but yeah."

"I don't mind. We can go with them. Is there a specific reason why, though?" He asks.

"Yaoyorozu says her parents won't let her go out alone with Todoroki, so I guess it's okay if with them if she had some friends come with them." I explain.

"Oh okay." He smiles. "Can't wait."

(Todoroki's POV)

Momo says that Jirou and Kaminari will be coming with us tomorrow. I thought she would ask someone like Uraraka and Midoriya. Whatever works, though. It'll probably be less awkward with others there, too. When it was just us we didn't have much to talk about besides school. This should be a nice change, hopefully.

The restaurant we're going to is pretty casual so I hope Momo doesn't mind, coming from a wealthy family and all.

God, you're getting ahead of yourself, Shoto. It's Momo Yaoyorozu. Of course she wouldn't mind. She's not like that.

Jirou and Kaminari have been dating for a while so at least it shouldn't be too awkward for them.

What am I doing? I should just act like a normal person for once and let things happen as is. I don't have a plan or anything like that. Whatever happens, happens. It'll be fine.