Friends First

(Kaminari's POV)

I wake up to the sound of my extremely loud alarm clock. I have it set extra loud to force myself out of bed. I put on my uniform and get ready for another school day.

When I head out of my room, I stop my the common area to get some breakfast. Midoriya, Iida, Tsuyu and Yaoyarozu were already there. Midoriya and Yaoyarozu were doing something on their phones and Iida and Tsu were just eating.

"Hey guys." I say.

"Good morning, Kaminari." Iida says waving his hand robotically at me.

" 'Morning." Tsu and Yaoyarozu say in unison.

Midoriya doesn't look up from his phone. I don't think much of it and go over to the pantry to grab some poptarts and a small milk carton.

I toast both poptarts, but only eat one because Jirou always wakes up late so I save her something to eat.

About 15 minutes before we have to leave, Jirou finally emerges from her room.

"Took you long enough." I say, handing her the poptart.

"At least I don't take half an hour to fix my hair." She shoots back.

"You can't rush art." I reply, "I mean it looks good, though, right?"

"Yeah, but sometimes you use too much hair gel which tells people you try too hard."

"Oh come on. It's not that much." I say, brushing some hair away from my eye.

"ATTENTION, EVERYONE. CLASS IS STARTING IN 5 MINUTES. I SUGGEST WE ALL LEAVE NOW IN AN ORDERLY FASHION." Iida announces, making those weird hand gestures.

We all pick up our bags and head out together.

"Hey, poindexter, your tie's falling off." Jirou says, lightly slapping me on the back of my neck.

"What?! I re-tied it like four times!"

"Here." She says reaching toward my neck.

I bend down slightly as she adjusts the knot, since she's only like five feet tall, no offense, Jirou.

"It's been a year and I'm still tying your ties for you." She laughs.

"Shut up or I'll tell your mother you're bullying me." I pout.

(Jirou's POV)

As we all make it to class, we take our seats, but end up waiting about 10 minutes until Mr. Aizawa finally shows up. Class might as well start at 7:40 instead of 7:30.

Mr. Aizawa starts explaining the day to us.

"Today you will be practicing your special moves and simple hand to hand combat. It's important you know how to fight with your fists because you can't always rely on your quirks." Sounds easy enough. I already know general hand to hand combat since my quirk is mostly medium support, unless I use them as whips or something like that.

"I've assigned you sparring partners. Just remember not to kill each other." He continues. He moves aside to reveal a list of names on the whiteboard. "Find your partners and head to the training facility. Now."

The partners were as follows.

Ojiro and Tokoyami

Todoroki and Kirishima

Bakugou and Ashido

Hagakure and Asui

Midoriya and Sero

Uraraka and Yaoyarozu

Me and...Kaminari

Aoyama and Sato

Shoji and Koda
And
Mineta and Iida

"Please don't kill me." Kaminari says as we walk besides each other to the training facility.

"I'll try." Was all I said, causing him to chuckle, which caused me to smirk.

We find an empty elevated spot to practice in.

"So what's your special move?" I ask Kaminari.

"Well, I was just gonna shock people. A lot. I call it "Indiscriminate Discharge" where I produce around 1.3 million volts of electricity."

"Wow. Shocker." He gags at my cheesy pun.

We both laugh.

"How bout you?" He asks.

"It's the same one I used in the attack on USJ, I call it "Heartbeat Fuzz." I think it works pretty good."

"Remind me what that is again?" He replies.

I roll my eyes. "It's where I plug my earphone jacks into my boots and amplify the sound of my heartbeat at a sonic boom which makes it sound like fuzz."

"I understood like half of what you just said.."

"It's my heartbeat but really loud." I mumble.

"Ohhhh..."

"Idiot."

"Hey!" He says, sending a small jolt of electricity towards my feet.

"Ah! Hey! Watch it!" I reply, raising my earphone jacks close to his face.

"No offense, Kyouka, but I feel like I'm being threatened by a cupcake."

"Oh really? And when I talk to you,  I feel like I'm talking to a pikachu that only knows 1 word." I snap back.

"Ouch. Sorry."

"Whatever, weirdo."

(Kaminari's POV)

We decide to just practice the hand to hand combat since our special moves would effect everyone around us, too.

We both take our fighting stances.

I begin to say, "Look, Jirou, we're friends and all and I don't really wanna hurt you, so-"

Surprise attack! She caught me off guard. Jirou grabs my left arm and flips me onto my back.

"Hey! I was gonna go easy on you!" I say, irritated as I get back up.

"Don't. I can totally handle it." She replies.

"Alright then." I smirk, pointing one of my shooters at her.

"Hey, hey, hey! No quirks! We're supposed to be learning how to fight without relying on them, were you even listening in class?" She says.

No. I was too busy staring into your eyes. Wait what?

"Not really. Mr. Aizawa's pretty boring."

"Sucks to be you." She teases.

We start sparring again. I honestly don't want to hurt her so I just ended up dodging most of the time.

We had fun. We were mostly joking around while fighting, saying things like, "Remember when you borrowed my pencil and didn't give it back? Well take THIS!" While swinging and dodging each other. I swear. Jirou can make me laugh in a way no one else can. I've noticed, too that she doesn't smile a lot. Only when we're laughing together and when she's having fun with the other girls.

Today's class ended up being my favorite class from the entire school year.