05

Bradley woke to the sound of the melancholy songs of the birds. He raised his head, cracking his neck before he scanned his surroundings. Recognisinghe was still all alone. There was a slight glaze of frost covering the ground and the gradually rising amber sun.

As Bradley stared at the sun, you could hear himself sniffle. He was cold, alone and depressed. All he wanted was for his dad to run up to him, ask him if he was okay, hug him and buy him ice cream. Just like he did when Bradley scraped his knee on the sidewalk at this exact park all those years ago.

Now, he would get none of those. Instead, all he got was rain pouring down from the heavens. Bradley frowned, wiping his eyes and moved closer to the trunk of the tree. He didn't want to go back to that house or anywhere in the area.

He knew he didn't have a choice, going to his friends was off the table and it was too cold to stay outside. Bradley was too caught up in his own thoughts, he didn't even notice Sebastian on his morning jog, who stopped when he saw Bradley.

"Bradley? What are you doing out here?" Sebastian asked.

Bradley glanced at Sebastian shocked. He almost didn't hear him and that Sebastian was willingly talking to him. He opened his mouth but nothing came out. Sebastian frowned and walked over to him, before crouching down next to Bradley.

"What's wrong?" Sebastian asked.

Bradley looked down, "nothing."

Bradley felt as though he couldn't bother anyone with his problems and Sebastian was the last person he would want to tell them to.

Sebastian looked at Bradley sadly, "why don't you come home with me and get warmed up."

Bradley looked up at Sebastian, "I don't know..." any other day he would want to go and spend more time with Sebastian but right now he just wanted to be alone.

"I'll make you some pancakes," Sebastian bribed.

Bradley's mouth watered and his stomach growled. Sebastian smirked and stood before grabbing a hold of Bradly's hands. Bradley's eyes widened and felt his face heat up. Sebastian chuckled, lifted him to his feet.

"Do you want me to carry you there, my prince?" Sebastian asked bowing to Bradley.

Bradley smiled.

"No I can walk...," Bradley said looking at the ground. "But thank you for that."

Sebastian smiled and wrapped his arm around Bradley.

"No problem love," Sebastian stated, making Bradley blush.

The cold harsh rain fell upon the boys as they made they're slow journey to Sebastian's house. Nothing seemed dreary to them. The boys were in a bubble of warmth and comfort. They enjoyed each other's company and felt they would do anything for the other.

Sebastian looked over at Bradley and noticed a bruise that was starting to form on his neck. He immediately stopped walking. Bradley looked back at him with his eyebrow raised in confusion.

"Who did that to you?" Sebastian asked.

Bradley slightly squinted his eyes, "did what?"

Sebastian moved closer to Bradley and gently poked his Adam's apple. Bradley winced and brought his hand over his neck.

"Who did that to you?" Sebastian asked, seriously.

Bradley looked down at the sidewalk as he gently massaged his neck. He had no plans on ever telling a soul his mother was abusive and he was going to stick by that.

"I fell asleep on a school project at an awkward angle," Bradley lied.

Sebastian didn't believe it for a second. He knew damn well that Bradley did everything at the last minute. And the only project he could be talking about wasn't due for three months.

"Bradley...," Sebastian gently began.

"Don't you have better things to be doing?" Bradley asked, annoyed.

Sebastian's eyes widened in shock. But he quickly recovered and pulled Bradley into a hug. Sebastian held onto him tightly as Bradley tried to get out of his arms. He didn't know who hurt Bradley but he knew Bradley would tell him on his own time and until then he wouldn't let anything happen to the boy.

Bradley stopped fighting and leaned into Sebastian. He didn't want to let Sebastian know he was lying but all Bradley's been wanting is for someone to hold him and tell him everything's going to be alright. The smell of roses and rain along with the person being Sebastian didn't help his case either. Everything was just too much for Bradley to handle. Bradley wrapped his arms around Sebastian's waist and cuddled his cheek into Sebastian's chest.

Sebastian looked down at Bradley and smiled. He moved one of his hands up his back and into his fluffy brown hair. He started to play with it but stopped after a minute. Sebastian leaned down slowly almost like he was unsure about his movements and kissed the top of Bradley's head.

Bradley froze and looked up at Sebastian. Sebastian cleared his throat as blush coated his cheeks.

"Do you want me to carry you?" Sebastian asked, again.

Bradley looked down at his shoes blushing as he nodded. Sebastian smiled and lifted Bradley up. Bradley wrapped his legs around Sebastian's waist and his arms around his neck. Bradley bit his lip scared that this was either a dream or a sick joke. But he hid his face in Sebastian's neck and breathed in his rosy scent.

The sun glimmered through the gloomy clouds and to anybody around it would look like the sun was reflecting its warmth onto the pair. Sebastian put one of his hands back into Bradley's hair softly playing with it as he rested his head against Bradley's. He felt so warm in that moment even though the rain from the heavens were falling all around him.

----------------

AN: I feel like my readers who have read some of my other books are always like klaus in the gif below every chapter hoping it's going to a happy chapter.

I think I'm going to start putting gifs before a chapter starts that will indicate if it's happy or sad.

Banner made by heartlessvibes