shy

★

You tighten your grip on the books being held to your chest as you walk towards your locker. You make sure to keep your gaze downwards while still managing to avoid hitting other students.

"Boo!"

You squeal and your math book falls out of your arms just as you finish putting in the combination.

The sound of your best friend laughing allows you to relax, but when you hear a deeper, more masculine chuckle, you tense up again.

You turn around and pout at Y/F/N, not yet glancing at the person next to her. "You said you'd stop doing that."

She smiles sheepishly. "Oh yeah, I did say that." She perks up. "Y/N, this is Noah, my new friend!"

You look in his direction and immediately blush.

The guy standing next to her is tall with dark brown hair and pretty brown eyes. He isn't just any guy though, he's the most popular guy in your school.

So how did Y/F/N suddenly becomes friends with him?

Everybody knows who he is.
He's sort of the bad boy of the school.
A troublemaker.
He's a senior while you're one class below him, a junior. You never really went crazy about him like the other girls do, you're just not that outgoing.

Noah looks down at you with a small smile and soft eyes. "Here, you dropped this." He holds his hand outwards and that's when you realize he picked up your book for you.

You carefully take it from him and quickly place it in your locker before shutting it. "Thank you." Your voice is just above a whisper as you bite your lip and tuck your hair behind your ear.

Y/F/N smirks. "Noah, this is Y/N, my best friend."

He nods while still keeping eye contact with you. "The shy one?"

Your cheeks redden even more while Y/F/N laughs. "Yep, she's the one."

A smirk slowly appears on his face as he crosses his arms over his chest. "Cute."

Wait what?

You look down and rock on your feet nervously. "I should get to class." They nod, so you give Y/F/N a hug and wave at a Noah before turning and walking away.

You finally feel like you can breathe again.

Why do you have to be so shy?

It's your free period and right now you're in the library. I guess you could say that you're a bookworm, since you consider books your safe haven.

You finally find a new one that looks interesting and flip it open. You're slowly walking down an aisle of books as you skim the pages.

The book you chose was a romance.
Those were your favorite.

All of a sudden a tall body appears in front of you and traps you against the book case, with their arms next to both sides of your head. You gasp quietly and look up, only to meet a pair of brown eyes.

Noah.
He's hovering over you with a small grin.

You blush for the second time around him and quickly divert your eyes.

He chuckles. "You scare way too easily babydoll."

Babydoll?

You reluctantly look up to him. "H-How'd you find me?"

He smirks. "Y/F/N told me you'd be here during your free period. The library was my first guess though."

So he was looking for me, you thought.

"Oh." You say speechlessly, not knowing how else to reply. Suddenly the book in your hand is taken and Noah steps back to examine it.

"A romance?"

You slowly nod your head. "It's my favorite genre."

He raises an eyebrow and this time leans only one of his hands against the shelf beside your head. "Oh really? Why is that?"

You look up at him unsurely.
Is he really that interested or does he just feel bad?

He notices your reluctance. "Tell me."

You play with the end of your dress and avoid his eyes as you speak. "W-Well, i've always liked romance because obviously I won't be experiencing it anytime soon, so reading it is almost like having it." By the end of your explanation, he's frowning and you're still blushing. "Thats sounded stupid, i'm sorry-"

Your words are cut off by something soft pressing against your lips. You freeze up against the book shelf as Noah holds onto your hips.

Noah Centineo is kissing you.

His hands gently squeeze your sides, encouraging you to kiss back. Slowly but surely you move your lips with his while bringing your hands up to grip his biceps. Noah smiles into the kiss when he realizes you aren't going to pull away.

A few seconds later you have to stop for air. Noah reluctantly allows you to. He stares into your eyes as you both breathe heavily. "You have no idea how long i've been waiting to do that."

You furrow your eyebrows and tilt your head.
"What do you mean?"

He chuckles and runs his hand through his hair.
"I mean i've been wanting to talk to you for a long time." When he sees how confused you still are, he speaks again. "The only reason I became friends with Y/F/N was so I could talk to you. I didn't know how else to approach you."

You're still curious. "How-"

He grins and brushes your hair back. "We have English together, princess. I sit in the back but you always have your nose in a book so you don't notice."

You smile sheepishly. "Why me?"

Noah's grin turns into a smirk. "I'll only tell you..." He pulls your smaller body against his. "If you go on a date with me."

Your eyes slightly widen. "Y-You really want to?"

"Yes, I really want to."

You smile and nod. "Okay."