chapter 1

January 30, 1986

January 30, 1986

It's a sunny winter morning on the birthday of Lily Potter, with all but one person awake and ready for the festivities to come. And for the first time that person isn't their daughter, Aster, but instead the birthday girl herself.

The father-daughter duo is seen outside a closed door, James carrying a plate full of breakfast, and Aster just excited to surprise her daughter.

"Okay love," James whispers to his daughter, "are you ready to surprise your mummy?"

Aster nods back to him in response and opens the door to the bedroom, where a red-headed figure is seen. Bright red hair, brilliant against the white sheets. The little girl runs over to the bed and jumps up, effectively waking up her mother.

"Ugh," Lily groans. Sitting up and waking herself up before grinning down at her daughter. "And what are you doing here sweetheart," she asks.

"Daddy said that we were gonna surprise you," Addie says looking up at Lily.

"Oh really," Lily says looking behind Aster to see her husband carrying a tray full of food. "Well that's very sweet of you both," she says kissing Aster's forehead.

James walks over to his wife and daughter, setting the tray down in front of Lily. "Happy birthday love," he mutters to his wife, kissing her on the lips.

 "Happy birthday love," he mutters to his wife, kissing her on the lips

On the other side of Britain, a little boy wakes up in his cold bed. For him, there are no loving family moments, for he has no family. Instead, all he has is the cold caretaker at the orphanage.

"Have you woken up yet boy," Mrs. Cole yells at him. "If you don't get up now you won't get any breakfast."

"Breakfast," Tom thinks, "now how could anyone call that grey sludge breakfast." However, Tom yells back, "Coming Mrs. Cole," as he knows that the grey sludge is probably all he'll get for hours to come.

.
and that's all for chapter one of out loud. sorry if it wasn't good but i have no idea how to write little tom riddle.
until next time.