Chapter Seven

=Chapter Seven=
Father Christmas and the River

We held our breaths as a shadow stood over where we were. Although we were in a serious situation, I couldn't help the blush that rose on my cheeks. Peter's arms were squeezed round my waist and my back was against his chest.

"Maybe she's gone," Lucy whispered.

"I'll go and have a look," Peter said, slowly getting up.

"No, you're no good to Narnia dead," Mr Beaver said.

"Neither are you Beaver," Mrs Beaver said, reaching out a paw.

"Thanks dear," Mr Beaver said, before walking out. There was a long pause and then some noise...

"BOO!" Mr Beaver's head appeared, making Lucy and I scream slightly and everyone else jumped. "I hope you've been good, because there is someone here to see you."

We all went out of the cave and saw that Father Christmas was stood there with a smile.

"Merry Christmas, Sir!" Lucy smiled.

"It certainly is, Lucy," Father Christmas laughed merrily. "Thanks to you."

"I thought there was no Christmas in Narnia," Susan frowned.

"It hasn't been for a hundred years. But now the Witch's power is crumbling," Father Christmas got out his bag and puts it on the ground.

"Presents!" Lucy exclaimed with excitement.

"Lucy. These are for you. The juice of the fire flower. If you, or one of your friends are wounded, one drop of this cordial will restore them," Father Christmas said, bringing out a bottle, he then brought out a dagger. "And though I do not expect you to use it, this."

"Well, I think I could be brave enough," Lucy said.

"I'm sure you could. But battles are ugly affairs," Father Christmas said. "Susan. Trust in this bow, for it does not easily miss."

"What happened to, 'battles are ugly affairs?'" Susan smiled, taking the bow. "But thanks."

"And, Peter. These are tools, not toys. The time to use them may be soon at hand," Father Christmas gave him a sword and a shield that had a lion on it. "And Alice, nice to see you again dear."

"Nice to see you too, Sir," I smiled.

"Now, when you put this horn to your lips and blow it, wherever you are, help will come," Father Christmas gave me a horn that also had a lion carved into it, it was beautiful. "And here, a sword and a potion of bravery, if times are rough, the potion will help."

"Thank you sir," I said, taking the sword (that looked like Peter's) and the potion. I had put the horn round my neck.

"Bare them well! I best be off, winter is almost over and things do pile up when you've been gone a thousand years. Long live Aslan!" Father Christmas shouts. He gets in his sleigh and rides off.

"Bye... Merry Christmas!" We all shouted.

"Told you he was real," Lucy said smugly to Susan.