Chapter Three

=Chapter Three=
I'm sorry

"Lucy!" I shouted as I ran after her. But of course, me being my clumsy self, I tripped on a loose piece of the wooden floor. I closed my eyes waiting for the impact  but instead felt arms round my waist.

"I don't think you two know the idea of the game," Peter said whilst chuckling, he helped me stand up.

"Thanks," I let out a breath.

"Does this mean I win?" Susan said, coming from behind us.

"I don't think Lucy and Alice want to play anymore," Peter said.

"But we found a magical land in the wardrobe!" Lucy said, looking at me.

"Is this true?" Peter said to me.

"Um... er..." I couldn't reveal my identity. "Um... we got awfully bored in the wardrobe so we made up a game."

"But- -" Lucy's eyes widened. "I thought- -"

"Calm down Lu," Peter raised an eyebrow. "We don't all have you're imagination, except for Alice of course."

"Please! Can I at least show you?" Lucy pleaded. Peter rolled his eyes before following after Lucy.

***

Susan was looking in the wardrobe whilst Edmund was behind it, knocking on the wood.

"Sorry Lu, but the only wood I see is the back of the wardrobe,"  Susan said. "Besides, it's logically impossible."

"But it's really there!!" Lucy exclaimed. "Don't any of you believe me?"

"I do," Edmund said spitefully, I shook my head in despair.

"You do?" little gullible Lucy asked in hope.

"Of course," Edmund said. "Haven't I told you about the football field in the bathroom cupboard."

Although it was a good joke, it was just at the wrong time. Lucy's hazel eyes filled with tears.

"Well done Edmund," I said sarcastically.

"You just have to make everything worse, don't you," Peter growled.

"YOU THINK YOUR DAD BUT YOUR NOT!!" Edmund exclaimed, running out the room. Susan looked at Peter.

"Well that was nicely handled," Susan said, glaring at her older brother before chasing after Edmund.

"But it was really there..." Lucy said in despair.

"That's enough Lucy," Peter said, turning round and going out the room. Leaving Lucy and I.

"Why didn't you tell the truth?" Lucy asked, grabbing my hand.

"I'm sorry Lucy," I said, kneeling to her height. "But I'm not allowed to say. I would've loved to tell them about it though."

"What do you mean?" Lucy asked.

"You'll know soon..." I said, pulling her into a hug.

***

I felt the bed shift, I looked beside me to see Lucy.

"Hello Lucy," I said groggily. "What are you doing?"

"I went to Narnia again, and Edmund was there, but he lied," Lucy said sadly, her face was fresh with tears. I sighed before pulling her into a hug.

"Shh, it's okay," I whispered. "They'll understand soon."

"Can I stay with you tonight?" Lucy asked.

"Sure," I smiled.

"Thank you," Lucy said tiredly. "You know, Alice, even though we've only known each other for a few days, you're like a big sister to me."

"Why thank you Lucy, you're like the little sister I never had," I said to her.

"And I think Peter has a crush on you," Lucy said yawning again. I blushed slightly.

"Okay I think you're getting a bit too tired," I chuckled nervously. "Those tea and cakes that Tumnus makes can make you a little drowsy."

"Goodnight Alice."

"Goodnight Lucy..."