Chapter One

=Chapter One=
Hide and Seek

[a day after the Pevensies arrived]

It was a dark rainy day here in the North of England. This meant that the evacuee siblings from London had no choice but to stay inside despite their plans to explore the grounds the previous night.

We were currently in the living room.

Lucy, the youngest sibling, sat on the window seat, staring out at the misty rain. She had straight dark brown hair that went to her chin, and hazel eyes that sparkled with innocence, and cute freckles that dotted her pudgy cheeks.

Edmund, the second youngest, sat underneath one of the chairs - he was carving out something on one of the chair legs, I'm not really sure how Mrs Macready (the housekeeper) will react to that. He had messy raven hair, deep brown eyes and like his younger sister, he had freckles dotting his cheeks.

Susan, the second to oldest, sat on one of the armchairs with a dictionary open on her lap as she looked for a word to test her older brother - Peter - on. Much like her younger siblings, she had wavy dark hair that reached her shoulders, bright blue eyes and a pretty face that had barely a mark on it.

Peter, who was the oldest. He sat next to me on the sofa, his legs crossed and arms spread out - showing that he was clearly comfortable. He had soft-looking golden/honey coloured hair, ocean blue eyes, and a gorgeous face that I could stare at for hou- - what on Earth are you thinking Alice, you just met him?! I thought to myself.

And then there's me, Alice. I was sat next to Peter, with my sketchbook in hand. I had straight dark brown hair that fell to my waist, dark blue eyes that in my opinion looked much like when you go underwater in the ocean abroad or in the local lakes and streams.

"Gas-tro-vas-cu-lar," said Susan, looking up at her brother. "Come on, Peter, Gastrovascular."

"Is it Latin?" Peter asked, Susan nodded.

"Is it Latin for the worst game ever invented?" Edmund said, coming from his hiding place with a smirk on his face, Susan glared at him whilst Peter grinned slightly. I snorted but covered it up with a cough.

"Anyway, what are you drawing there Alice?" Susan asked, ignoring her younger brothers comment. I looked down to the drawing of a man, except he had legs of a goat and he carried a red umbrella and wore a red scarf.

I gave her the pad hesitantly. Her eyes scanned the drawing.

"It's brilliant!" Susan exclaimed. "But, What is it?"

"Why it's a faun," I smiled gently as Susan gave me back my pad. Peter glance over my shoulder, along with Lucy.

"I'm bored!" Lucy exclaimed after a few minutes of silent staring at the drawing.

"Sorry Lu," Peter said.

"There's not much to do on days like these unless we have a game of..." I spoke, looking at Lucy.

"Hide and Seek...?" Lucy asked hesitantly, I smiled at her.

"No! That's a children's game!" Edmund exclaimed, getting out of his hiding place once again.

"Please Peter!" Lucy pleaded. Peter glanced at me and saw the gentle smile on my face before smirking slightly.

"One, two, three..."

"What?!" Edmund exclaimed. Susan ran out of the room to find a hiding place, Lucy grabbed my hand and ran with me to find a hiding place - Edmund close behind.

Lucy found a place behind a curtain but Edmund pushed her out.

"I found it first!" Edmund whispered. Lucy and I rolled our eyes and ran into a spare room that I knew so well.

"Um Lucy... I'm not sure if..." but I got cut off as she dragged me into the wardrobe at the end of the room. The wardrobe that was used to transport me here when I was just 5. It lead to my home - Narnia.