Chapter 1: Kristina carter

I walk into the bau and straight up to Aaron's office, my boots making tapping noises, and before you ask no I didn't wear heels and a pencil skirt and white blouse. I'm wearing my black skinny jeans and a dark blue t shirt that crops slightly under my stomach with my high boots. although I did tie my hair back to look 'professional' because I don't want to look like I don't care about this job considering it took me-

"Oh.hello." my new boss says coming out of his office, I realise how stupid I must look just standing there so I smile .

"Hi Mr.hotchner, I'm -"

"I know who you are kristina and please call me hotch." he doesn't even smile, I nod.

"Well call me Krissie then." he nods, the team look up at him and he beckons them, I inwardly roll my eyes and make my way into the other room with a round table set up.

"Team I would like you to meet kristina carter, kristina I would like you to meet, dr spencer Reid, Emily prentiss, Jennifer jareau and-"

"The nervous system to this hell hole, the eyes behind the glasses the owl to Harry potter, penelope garcia at your knowledge and Morgans baby girl." she says and I smile, I try and memorise the names and faces, hotch frowns at the team.

"Where is morgan?" I raise an eyebrow, right there is suppose to be 7 of us right?

" I don't know" the brunette who is Emily says. he looks at the watch and nods to penelope to get started.

"Alright my lovelies , you're taking it down to Ohio because in the last 3 weeks, 3 girls have been murdered one was Jessica dough age 17 , Victoria Presley age 16 and the youngest priscilla corner age 15 all found in dumpsters." she sighs sadly and I flip through the file .

"You don't want a tablet?" dr. Reid ask and I smirk.

"Call me old fashioned or whatever but I don't want them." he nods and I look at the girls.

"So weird, they all have different hair,eyes, age?" I say and the team nod.

"Alright de-briefing on the plane wheels up in-"

"Sorry I'm late, bad morning." a voice says panting and the voice sounds straightly familiar, I turned to see derek?

"Smash and dash derek?" I ask standing and derek smirks looking at me .

"Dirty little Krissie." he replies and I roll my eyes.

"Really, I mean I'm not the one with stained boxers." he chuckles walking over and lifting me in a hug, I hold back the tears threatening to spill and my heart constricts someone clears there throat

"You can catch up on the plane." hotch orders.
* (a/n 2 months later xo but same case xo)
"I don't understand, do we know if the victims were raped?" Emily asks.

"No, Emily you and krissie can go to the morgue and get the coroners report."

"Hotch I don't think krissie should go she is still adjusting." Derek says worriedly and I roll my eyes.

"I'm quite capable of handling myself thanks." I say calmly but I know he can hear the edge in my voice.

"Oh believe me when I say I don't doubt that." he drawls and I scowl.

"So apart from the descending age and the sex anything else?" I ask changing the subject.

"I don't know, for now, Morgan you and Reid talk to the families and see what they were doing the night they got murdered. jj I need you to handle the press." we all nod moving from our seats.

I go to sit by the window by myself and soon after derek sits opposite and I roll my eyes.

"How have you been?" he starts.

"Fine."

"How's the cops back there?"

"Fine."

"What's wrong?" I groan.

"What with the questions god it's like an interview." he chuckles.

"Come on you know you've missed my amazing charm." he winks and I pretend gag. 2 months and the flirting game is still strong ladies and gentlemen !

"Oh god not the Pd wink." He frowns.

"The what?"

"The panty dropping wink, it's the wink you use when your flirting with girls and then before you know it you're in there house smashing then your dashing," he chuckles.

"Well you're still clothed so.." and I roll my eyes.

"Please don't attempt to flirt otherwise you might just see my breakfast." he grins and I almost frown, I would think that, my wit would earn a nice laugh.. Back to old ways we are.

"Come on... you know you can't resist me." he says, standing up he drops down beside me and slowly places a hand on my upper thigh, I tense but keep my expression blank ignoring his smirk.

"Careful." I warn quietly and I look up to see we have an audience, I shove his hand off and glare at him. he seems to register we're not alone and smirks looking at everyone else.

"Meet you behind the curtain in 10." he states getting up and I scoff.

"Keep dreaming, and while you're there make me a coffee, with milk and-"

"Two luxurious sugars? got it. by the way, If I'm dreaming about you I'll sleep tight." he winks and walks behind and I smirk and get out my headphones letting the first song take me.