————————————

All of the D.E.O. agents were getting ready to leave when Alex noticed Kara standing in the middle of the room.

"What do you think you're doing?" Alex snapped, sounding a bit harsher than she had meant to.

"I'm coming with you." Lara simply stated.

"Oh no you're not." Alex said back.

"But Alex, I'm literally wearing armour. I can't just sit here." Kara complained.

"Yes Kara, but as you already know, the suit only has enough power to filter out the kryptonite. If it gets damaged you're screwed." Alex replied.

"Okay, fine." Kara said as she began walking back towards her room.

Alex had to admit, she did feel a bit guilty but she had no other choice, Kara had to be kept safe until the atmosphere was safe again.

————————————

Alex and the D.E.O. team drove towards the police precinct that was under attack to find an alien who could split into multiple clones of itself attacking the precinct. The team rushed in and instantly began attacking the alien.

However, it did not take long for Supergirl to charge through the walls and catch the bullets that we're going straight towards Alex.

"I told you to stay put!" Alex yelled at Kara.

"You know I can't do that." Kara replied, while beginning to get stuck in with fighting the alien clones.

When it was just one-on-one combat, Kara found it easy to keep up; stopping bullets, kicking, punching - she could handle it. But out of nowhere, three clones began punching and kicking her supersuit - causing critical damage to it. It then no longer had enough power to filter out the kryptonite and Kara's veins began turning a fluorescent green once again - causing her to grow extremely weak.

Kara collapsed on the floor, passing out and then Alex and J'onn rushes to her side after getting rid of the multiple clones that were kicking Kara.

"Brainy! I need you here now!" Alex yelled down the comms.

————————————

Once Kara was back in the D.E.O. healing, Alex and the rest of the agents were trying to figure out how to find Fiona and the Graves siblings.

Brainy and Lena had figured out how to get kryptonite out of the air, however, it was going to take quite a bit of time to do so.

Brainy had also located Fiona at a fair ground and a strike team was sent out and with the kryptonite levels down to 75%, Supergirl went with them, still with her suit on.

While Kara and the D.E.O. were fighting mind-controlled aliens, Guardian also showed up to the scene to help which surprised everyone.

Brainy and Lena watched the fight from the D.E.O. headquarters in anticipation of the atmosphere being safe again. Lena kept growing more and more worried for Kara and brainy had to keep reminding her of the "little boxes" to shove down her emotions.

The atmosphere was now 90% clear of kryptonite but Kara still needed the suit in order to survive. Lena told Kara to back off from fighting to conserve energy but Kara wouldn't listen - she carried on fighting. As the alien Kara was fighting kept attacking her, the suit took critical damage and diverted all energy to her life support. This meant that Kara was unable to move at all.

Alex noticed Kara's suit not having enough energy and gave her a quick boost with a shot from Alex's favourite gun. "Thanks for the boost!" Kara yelled as soon as she could feel the suit powering up once again. She punched the alien and knocked him clean out. But not all was good - Kara's suit had too much energy and began system failure as she was unable to move yet again.

"100% Kara!" Lena yelled through the comms as brainy undocked Kara's suit. She then had the upper hand against Mercy and Otis who had been threatening her just moment ago - she defeated them and then took off her helmet to show victory.

They had won this battle.

————————————

Kara was at home eating pie and enjoying her freedom from the supersuit when she heard a knock on her door. She used her X-Ray vision to see who it was and to her surprise it was Lena. She yelled "come in!" And Lena walked through the door.

Lena's face didn't look too pleased at Kara and Kara feared that she had somehow done something to upset Lena.

"Lena what's wrong?" Kara asked.

Lena remained silent for a few moments, she sat down on the sofa next to Kara until she finally looked up at Kara and said "Kara... what are we?"

"Well... Uh, Lena, would you like to be my girlfriend?" Kara asked, unsure.

Lena smiled "Yes of course Kara!"

Kara then closed the gap between them, allowing an innocent kiss that sent electricity through them both.

They spent the rest of the night snuggled up on Kara's sofa watching TV until they both eventually drifted off next to each other for the entire night.

A/N I hope you all enjoyed this chapter, I'm trying to make my chapters longer so if they're ever uploaded late (like tonight) that's why. I'm trying to get them to around 1500 words each and I'm not used to writing that much lmao anyways hope you're enjoying.