I Can Take Care Of Myself

"Right? Peter. Homocidal killer? Remember? You want to give him $500,000?"

"After entering the IP address, you will be connected through a Darknet portal to an untraceable bank. Once logged in, enter your account number to receive wire transfers. The IP address will deactivate with each transfer. You will be assigned a new IP address if you choose to continue down the list. Remember, visual confirmation is always required for payment." the automated voice spoke through the tape recorder speakers. I leaned forward and pressed the stop button and slumped back against Scott's bed.

Liam was finally safe and stable for the time being. I was beyond relieved when Deaton told us that the wolfsbane didn't spread to his heart and that he would be okay. I couldn't lose him especially to all this supernatural crap. Unfortunately he didn't wake up, but he's safe in his bed at home. Stiles was reluctant to drive him in his Jeep, but with a little persuasion he agreed. 

"You ever made a wire transfer before?" Stiles voice spoke up first beside me. I shook my head, snuggling deeper into my oversized sweater. We both turned to look at Scott, "Never had enough money."

"So you didn't understand a word of that either?" Stiles asked. "I just don't understand any of this." I mumbled. "Why would someone use all this money to kill you guys and anyone that gets in the way?"

I'm tired of waking up everday and worrying for the safety of my life and those around me. I was serious when I agreed to keep everyone on that dead pool safe. No one else dies, no matter who it is. I may not be like them with their super strength, hearing, and healing but I can still put up a good fight. And if that fight helps distract them long enough to save someone's life then that's all I want. 

"Someone wants them dead, Brogan. Badly." Stiles answered, his head snapping at the sound of Scott closing the gym bag. "Whoa, whoa, what are you doing?" 

I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion. "It's late. We have the PSATs in the morning." Scott answered.

A groan escaped my lips. My head fell back against the comforters. I forgot all about those and my dad is making me take them. Something about starting off on the right track and after that I tuned out. 

"No I meant the money, $500,000. You know how much money that is?" Stiles asked, standing up from his cross-legged position. I tilted my head up to look at him, "It's five hundred thousand dollars."

He shook his head at me, beginning to pace back and forth. "It's half a million dollars, guys. What are you going to do, just slide it under your mattress?"

"I have to talk to Derek. The money is his." Scott replied. I nodded in agreement. Sure this money could solve all of our problems just like that, but it doesn't belong to us. 

"You mean his and Peter's." Stiles pointed out. "What does that mean?" my voice came out confused. I know Peter is a bad guy and did some horrible things but if the money is his too maybe we should return it to the both of them. 

"It means maybe we should proceed with caution." he advised, running a frustrated hand through his spiked up hair. "You don't think we should tell Derek?" Scott asked. 

I may not have Lydia's IQ level, but I'm pretty smart and none of what Stiles is saying is making sense to me. If it's not makiing sense to me, I doubt it's going to make sense to Scott. 

"No, no." he sighed. "No, of course we have to tell him. I'm just- I'm just saying, some of that money is Peter's, right?" Stiles trailed off. "Yeah." I hesitated. 

"Right? Peter. Homocidal killer? Remember? You want to give him $500,000?" he clarified. "So we should give the money to Derek, but not Peter?" Scott asked, trying to comprehend his crazy best friend. 

"I didn't say that." Stiles denied. "So what are you saying, Stiles?" I eyed him.

Just before Stiles could answer, there was banging coming from outside the door. Scott and I both sprung up just as the door flew open, revealing a drenched Malia. "We found Satomi's pack. Derek and I, but they're dead." she said. 

"All of them?" I asked. "All the ones we found." 

"Then where's Derek?" Stiles asked. I have a feeling this was not going to end well.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Liam I have to go." I sighed sadly. "I have the PSATs with everybody."

"I know, but I just really like talking to you." he stammered. I tilted my head at the tone in his voice. "What's really wrong?" I asked. I heard a sigh on his end and I could picture him running a hand through his perfectly spiked up hair, and smiled slightly at the thought. 

"I don't know." he answered. "There's just this feeling in the pit of my stomach that makes me think that this is a bad idea."

"Liam, it's just a three hour test. Nothing will go wrong. I promise." I replied, sincerity laced in my voice. Shuffling was evident on his end of the phone. "Don't worry about me, I'll be fine. If anything I should be the one worried about you."

"It's hard not to worry about you, Brog. Your aunt kidnapped you and beat you to a pulp, how can I not be worried?" his voice rasped. "I've been through worse. Way worse, and I can take care of myself." I answered simply. 

I won't be able to have any weapons on me during the tests because of school policy, but I can use my fists and feet as weapons if it comes down to it. But I doubt an assassin will try to kill us in such a public area. 

"Promise?" he whispered. "I promise." I smiled through the phone. "Go kick some standarized test ass." he encouraged. I giggled, covering my mouth with my hand. My eyes scanned the room one last time, makiing sure I had everything before leaving the room and heading towards the elevator. "I will. Just for you." I said playfully, waiting for the metal elevator doors to open. 

"Good, I will talk to you later babe." he said nonchalantly. "Talk to you later." I said, ending the conversation and shoving my phone in my back pocket. 

I stepped onto the elevator and pressed the lobby button and leaned back against the wall. My eyes closed shut for a minute because let's face it I barely got any sleep last night. Not between the whole money thying with Scott and Stiles, talking to Liam, and reviewing for this test. I'm so screwed

My eyes flew open as Liam's last words flew across my mind. He called me babe. Oh my gosh. Babe. We aren't even together, but I want to be. Does he know that he called me babe? Was it a slip up? What does this mean?