Triple Homocide

"My fri-friend he's hurt."

When I came back to Beacon Hills two weeks ago I didn't think my dad was actually serious when he had told me that I would have to keep up with my training on a daily basis. He was leaving for France with Isaac so how would he know if I skipped a day of training or not? I was wrong. Very wrong. If there's one thing my dad was good at, it was keeping eyes on people. I don't exactly know how, but he always knows. It scares me sometimes if I'm being completely honest. 

At first I didn't understand why my dad was spending his last days in Beacon Hills making me work on my running, finding my way out the preserve in the middle of the night, tweaking my archery skills, expanding my knowledge of the supernatural, and teaching me more self defense techniques, but it all clicks together in my mind now. Allison. He wanted me to be able to protect myself from anyone or anything that could stand to be a threat to me. He didn't want to lose me like he did with my mom, Aunt Kate, or Allison, and he most definitely did not want me to turn into Gerard. He wanted me to be fearless and ruthless, but still have a heart for the innocent. To live up to the new family code Allison had re-written, "We protect those who cannot protect themselves." Allison died by that code, and I feel more than honored to live by that code. I was all he had left. I'm that one person who separates him from insanity, and that's a lot of pressure. 

☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠

Jogging around the streets of Beacon Hills at a late hour may not be my brightest idea, but I guess it was too late to turn back. If I had to guess, I've been jogging for about half an hour. Whenever I jogged or did anything, I did it the best I could. I was focused, determined to do better than my last, and set a record for the next. We Argents stand by that, it's just how we were raised. 

I had both headphones plugged in and the sound of some pop song began blasting through my speakers as I kept a steady pace, rounding the corner. My running tights, and sports bra were starting to stick to my body slightly due to the heat and sweat that was beginning to build from all my movement. I may have both headphones in, but I'm also very observant. You have to be in this town and anywhere you go. It's just a must. 

These nightly jogs have not only helped my stamina but have also helped my endurance, if I do say so myself. These jogs also help clear my mind of everything that has happened these last few weeks. I'm willing to do anything and try anything that can keep my mind from Allison. It's not just thoughts of Allison either, but the fact I start school tomorrow is stressful as well. It's already the middle of the year, everyone knows each other and things about the school that I don't know because I never in my life attended Beacon Hills High. Not to mention, I'm a freshmen and attending the same school Allison went to and no doubt, the McCall pack. Seeing them again can go one of two ways- they can be really happy to see me or they just isolate me because I remind them too much of Allison.  

☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠

"Willow!" I heard faintly as I continued jogging down an almost vacant street. As I came closer to the middle of the street, I saw a boy standing in front of a house, yelling the same name as before. I looked up towards the house and shivered in slight fear. The house looked like one you would see in one of those cliche horror films.

"Willow!" he yelled, his head looking from side to side in search for something.  I stopped jogging and slowed down to a walking pace as I neared him, pulling out my headphones in the process and letting them fall against my chest.

"I'm sorry are you looking for somebody?" I asked softly, approaching him. 

Coming to a stop in front of him, I noticed he had blonde, almost slicked hair, his eyes weren't the typical brown, they were like a light yellow almost green, and his arms were crossed over his chest, his body slightly shivering due to the chilly weather outside. I don't think he was planning on coming outside at this time of night wearing just a t-shirt and pajama pants.