Chapter 29

[Sensitive hearts will stay away from this story here on. I don't want to be blamed for anything and I will not tolerate any negative comments whatsoever. You have already been warned.]

This chapter keeps going back n forth changing POV's. That could be a little annoying but it's the most important chapter. Sorry. x

[long chapter, 5000 words]

|•~

N A N D I N I

I got up with a severely pounding head. My head bursted with a weird smell that surrounded me and I felt pukish.. again. Last night, after everything, I puked my guts out and Manik being the obedient boyfriend he was, stood by me, took care of me and then cuddled me to sleep.

I hated being sick. It made me feel so wasted.

I put my hand across, to the side of the bed trying to find Manik and thank him for being with me last night but I found it empty, and my fingers just moved by the thin linen sheets instead of his hard muscles, and then it stroke me... today was the Wedding Day!

I jerked up, holding my phone that kept buzzing in the corner. I had my Instagram bursting... like never before. My mere fifty followers were touching five hundred thousand!

Not being able to understand what was happening, I opened my home feed where my eyes fell on the picture Manik had uploaded. It was from last night. I was sleeping in the background and the picture was of my hand in his, both our rings visible, captioned, 'Nandini Manik Malhotra'.

Damn. A smile spread across my face and all the sickness I was feeling a minute ago just vanished, leaving a pang of overwhelming feeling that made me want to cry out loud.

My board was filled with good messages and bad, different people pointing out at different things, making assumptions and theories about our story as if we were two characters of a fiction show and I had numerous fan fictions scribbled across my wall. It felt overwhelming.

And beside all of it, there was a short message from my doctor. "Someone's having a major food poisoning. I've left some medicines with Manik, take them and then drop by at my clinic after the wedding. Also, have given your blood samples for further reports."

I smiled, leaving my phone. I swear, I'm never cooking again.

As I walked to my wardrobe, that Manik had forcefully made near his to remove the dress I was going to wear for the wedding, I saw a small handwritten note left there.

Princess,

I hope you find this and it doesn't run away with the breeze. Also, hoping you're fine. I've collected your medicines from the doctor and kept the one to be taken on the right shelf, please take it only after you have breakfast.

I'm out with some work; got stuck up.

The driver will pick you at ten, and I'd see your beautiful face directly at the wedding then. Can't wait to see how beautiful you look in that white gown.

Also, don't forget.. I'd be the one in a black tux.

Yours,
Manik. x

Needless to say, I was smiling like an idiot. Manik made every morning so special for me, everyday that I stayed here. Some day he brought be flowers and some day chocolates, other times he would make me breakfast or take me for long drives or to his recording studios.