Chapter Five {Truth Unraveled}

Start from the beginning

"When you got flies, you need a flyswatter." He lifted an electrical line post out of the ground. No matter how many times I saw it, I still couldn't get over the fact that he was that strong.

"He's dead ahead. Bring it down on him now!" Rukia yelled. Without hesitation, Yastora brought the pole right down and slammed it into the hollow, causing it to smash into the ground.

"Rukia, where's Ichigo?"

"Karin followed us so he's taking her home." I simply nodded and turned to face our monstrous opponent. It was definitely a good thing he took her back, otherwise he'd be worrying about her like crazy.

"My, my; what do we have here? Who would you be?"

"Do you really want to know?" He crawled out from under the pole and looked me dead in the face.

"It won't make much of a difference if I do. You know, you should feel honoured; I've never asked a name before. You just happen to be different. You smell absolutely divine." He licked his lips, sending a shiver down my spine. I took a step back and covered my nose.

"It's mint. You should try it some time." He grinned and jumped into the air above us. Unfortunately, this time it is too high for Yastora to reach with a pole.

"What are we going to do?" I muttered. Rukia turned to me with a smile that kind of scared me.

"I have an idea," she smirked. As I watch her idea go into action, I sweat drop. She had Yastora holding her aimed at the hollow.

"This is not going to work," I sighed.

"You must be really smart new girl because this seems really stupid to me."

"It will work trust me; now just a little higher." I watched and worried over how the plan was going to end. What was she going to do once she was up there? She launched; I was extremely tempted to close my eyes but I resisted. She flew up and, as she reached the hollow, it squirted something from its mouth. She slammed into the ground and groaned.

"Leeches?" I gasped.

"Kukiko, if you don't want to fight go and get Ichigo. I know that you really don't want him to find out this way, so get him before things go further south." I didn't say anything and ran; I ran as fast as I could towards Ichigo's house. I couldn't believe I just left Rukia to handle herself. Was I really that kind of person? I could have fought. She was in danger because of me.

"Please don't let her die!" I turned a corner and crashed into something, or someone. I couldn't tell because my head was spinning.

"Kukiko? Are you alright?" I gazed up at who I'd bumped into.

"Ichigo! We need to hurry; Rukia's in trouble!" I grabbed his arm and started dragging him. I was hyperventilating and probably having a full-blown panic attack, but that didn't matter.

"Kukiko!" I stopped and looked up at him. "Stop and take a breath. I know Rukia is in danger but if you don't stop and take a breath, you're going to pass out." I nodded and tried to calm down, taking big breaths. I felt my muscles relax slightly and sighed.

"Sorry Ichigo; We have to get going before Rukia and Yastora get eaten."

"Chad's there?"

"Yeah he is, so let's move." We sprinted in the direction I had left the pair. When we got there, everyone was gone; all that remained was the smashed pole.

"They went this way!" I didn't wait for Ichigo as I raced off; I knew that he would catch up without breaking a sweat. When we caught up to Rukia, she was standing in the middle of the path grinning at the hollow. Ichigo stormed passed me and steps on the hollow's head.