Chapter Four {The Monster Inside}

Comenzar desde el principio

"Yes. Where else did you expect me to stay?" Her was nonchalant, so I shrugged it off.

"I guess you're right. You said you're an expert at this so let's get to it. Soul form or as is?"

"It's easier to learn in soul form and then apply to real situations when needed," Rukia didn't waste a second as she put on her red glove, charging towards me. For the first time in a few weeks I was back in my Shinigami form. I stretched out shoulders around and grinned.

"I've missed this form." Rukia studies me carefully.

"Your shihakusho is different. It's rare that it's tight fitted," she comments.

"I know. I got pretty lucky." Just having the tighter clothing meant that I could move around more freely, and there was less material for any enemies to grasp on.

"It's interesting. I only know a couple of other people dressed like that; all of them are in the stealth squad. You also have a rather long Zanpakuto like Ichigo but thinner so it seems you're both a little odd."

"Thank god it's thinner. I don't think I'd be able to use a sword as heavy as that," I laughed and she chuckled.

"Now, let's start training."

---------------------------------------------------------

"Did you have to be so tough?" I puffed as we walk out of Urahara's shop.

"That wasn't tough. I'm impressed though; you're a natural at kido. Within three hours you nearly got up to my level," she praised.

"Thanks, I guess."

"No worries," she said as she slid into Ichigo's window, "see you tomorrow."

I walked into the house, throwing my bag to the ground. "She said that it wouldn't be too bad, but I'm going to be incredibly sore in the morning. I haven't been this exhausted in a while, but at least it paid off." The night grew darker, and Princess continued to alert me that it was time for her food with constant meows. I grabbed an apple, not that hungry for an actual meal. I kept biting through the apple as the thoughts of Rukia's words echoed. I knew that I wasn't exactly a normal soul reaper, but having it confirmed made me question why that was. "My blade, my shihakusho, why did they differ from the norm?" I was broken from my deep thoughts from a sudden spike in spiritual pressure that disappeared in a matter of seconds.

"A hollow," I muttered as I tried to locate its presence. I was curious as to how it only appeared for such a short amount of time. As I brainstormed ideas, I started to prepare for bed. When I finally pulled myself underneath the sheets, I shook the thoughts from my head. Shutting my eyes, I was eventually pulled into a state of unconsciousness and into a world that had become familiar.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I opened my eyes to find myself standing in a field. There was only a single tree in the vast field which was alive with blooming cherry blossoms, but they were somewhat peculiar. The deep blue colours in the petals that covered the branches matched the flowers that were spotted amongst the tall grass. After taking in the vast surroundings, I survey the area for a familiar figure.

"Blue?" My voice echoed in the empty air, only to be disturbed by the sound of wings soaring through the crystal blue sky. The giant blue bird was followed by blue sparkles coming from the elegant tail as he soared. A child-like giggle escaped me when she settled down and landed right in front of me.

"Hello again." His voice was calming: a soothing melody to my ears that never failed to lift my mood. "How are you?"

"I'm okay. How about you Blue? I haven't seen you in a while," I smiled the best I can, but the events of the past couple of days were still bothering me and weighing heavy in my heart.