Shadow Rite

Soul Society, A month ago...

If there was something Kohaku cherished as a noble was the possibility of getting what he wants from anyone. The Arashi and Kuchiki were sought out by lesser people for their wealth and prestige. A foolish young man with an abundance of energy and pride in himself is blind to what he can't comprehend. This is the embodiment of Kohaku and several other naive aristocrats. Someone others can use for their own advancement and those of equal class for their own enjoyment.

"Lord Byakuya..." Swooned a feminine voice from behind a folding screen.

"I'm Kohaku not Byakuya! Lady Yoshihana..."
He laid beside her there on the futon and replied sorrowfully, "I thought you liked me..."

"I'm joking about your brother, Idiot... He's too old for me."

"Stop confusing me... I love you, Yoshihana..."

"You don't love me..." Disagreed Yoshihana who shook her indigo haired head.

"I have loved you ever since we were children." He hugged her and kissed her dusky shoulder.

"You love what you can do with any woman behind closed doors. I heard about your promiscuity in the Gotei thirteen."

"My behavior was unacceptable and I take full responsibility... You are the person I have known all my life and whom I trusted the most... I would marry you." He replied truthfully resting his head on her exposed back.

"I have a hard time believing you would remain faithful to me... The biggest mistake you have made so far is sleeping with your best friend." She reached out to retrieve her black robe and ninja hakama from the floor.

He laughed lightly, "You seduced me? Remember?"

"Yes, Because I knew you had a crush on me, Kohaku. You were an easy target." After dressing up Yoshihana kissed Kohaku on the lips saying, "Maybe we can finish this tonight."

He watched his lover leave through the sliding door. "You were using me..."

"You never thought I'd have feelings for you, too. Dummy." She winked with her brown eyes before leaving for good.

There after, Kohaku washed, dressed himself and left to join his family for brunch. He did love Yoshihana Shihōin with all his heart. All those other women were just flings and short term relationships that ended badly. He loved her independent personality, her dry sense of humor, and her forceful edge. Kohaku admired her whole being and tempted to please her in anyway he could.

His family sat eating even before he arrived. He sat beside his younger sister Rukia and her companion Renji who all just kept on eating. Byakuya did not acknowledge his brother's presence because he was late. His mother just gave him a loving smile and his mother's childhood friend Yoruichi knew exactly what was bothering him.

Rukia questioned, "What is your problem? Kohaku?"

Kohaku let's out all of his emotions, "I'm in love with Yoshihana... It's suffocating."

Renji belted out, "This again? You said this about Kyoko."

"Yoshihana is my childhood crush... Just like you and Rukia here." He replied to Renji.

Yoruichi yawned, "The more talented of my younger siblings... Convenient. Did you make your feelings known? To her? cuz I think she likes you too?"

"Yes, That was two weeks ago. We kissed and it just got more intimate from there on." Even this was hard for Kohaku to say aloud.

Yoruichi came to the realization, "You slept with my little sister!"

"Because I love her!"

Kohaku's mother tried to lighten up the mood, "It looks like we may have a future wedding coming up, Yoruichi."

The Flowers Of Forgotten RoyaltyOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara