tough moments - jeongwoo

context : you are writing a diary to jeongwoo

type : trainee au

jeongwoo :
Today's practice was especially hard because I couldn't keep up with the moves that my trainer was training me and my vocals today was horrible I believe my teacher's ears bled so hard.

I really missed your presence and its so hard seeing my best friend debuting without me. ☹️ You broke our promise on how we were going to debut together, or debut separately at the same time. You have been my best friend for my whole training life and I feel weird not having to see you around when I'm practicing because you would be out there shooting shows.

It's funny how I actually talk so much about you, probably it's because of the fact that I would always dream that our close friendship would someday be something much more.

---

I finally got a chance to meet you over my break time. You were wearing the hoodie that I gave you for your birthday. Seeing it, i felt so warm and fuzzy inside.

We sat at our usual place, a bench just right outside the cafeteria. I ranted to you how tough being a trainee is, and how I was unsure whether the life of hardship just to be an idol was really made for me. You briefly hugged me after my whole rant, causing my heart to beat faster abnormally.

"it's alright, I believe you can do it!! I will help you too!!" you squeezed my hand and shot a smile at me.

That same toothy grin which made so many of my days 100 times better.

I instantly felt grateful for you being there for me when I ranted, and I felt everything was less of a burden. And for the rest of the day, I was able to concentrate on my practicing for once in a long while, and that was because of the constant thinking of you in my head.

---

After having a monthly evaluation with yg, i suddenly got called out by my manager.

"hey so yg has planned another survival show, and he wants you to compete with other trainees also," my manager said.

After hearing this, I was shocked and happy at this opportunity to debut. This was great chance to prove my potential to yg, and to be the same level as you.

For the next few weeks, I was preoccupied in practicing, shooting, practicing and shooting. It was like a vicious cycle and it made me emotionally and mentally drained. Due to your busy schedules too, both of us have not seen each other for a month. I thought of you  everyday, and i always have the wishful thinking that you would think of me everytime too.

As the number of episodes for the show grew, I was aware of the attention and the fame that I was getting. My social media followers has only been increasing ever since I started on this show.  I was really happy and hopeful that I would debut in the end. However, after quite a while later, I felt the pressure on me to perform well, and I was really stressed about it. My heart ached for your presence to comfort me, however it was nearly impossible to see you.

I was really sad until I went back to my dorm. Opening my Instagram, a message that was sent to me caught my eye. I was surprised to find out that it was a fan account for me! I opened the chat without hesitation and the message said :

"hey (y/n)! I hope you are doing great! I really hope that you won't go so hard on yourself, because you are so talented and awesome! Do not pressure yourself and just remember you have fans who are supporting you no matter what you do! ❤️❤️❤️"

The message touched my heart and it gave me a reason why I shouldn't give up. After reading, I got back to practicing again. In the subsequent days, there was one message for one day from the same fan account. I felt an inexplicable feeling of gratitude for the support that was given.

---

I managed to make it to the finals of the show after what felt like torture, and after my final performance, I felt at the top of the world. I did not have any regrets on the stage.

The mc was announcing the final members of the debut team. I was wringing my hands in nervousness ; despite the fact that I would embrace any result at the end.

"the first one to be in the debut team, is........ (y/n)!!!!" (surprise surprise!)

As confetti rained over my head, I put my hands over my mouth, unconsciously reeling back from the shock of reality. Then, I spotted the familiar figure that I adore so much, and that was you. You were waving and screaming at the top of your voice for me, and I suddenly felt tears well up at my eyes. I was so overwhelmed at the sight of you and I couldn't stop the tears flowing ; I just wanted to run to you, right into your embrace. Your gaze turned soft, and you smiled quietly at the sight of me breaking down.

After all of the debut team members were announced, I got to my phone and I read my notifications. In my dms, the usual message of encouragement was gone, instead, it was replaced with a message that said:

"come to practice room a"

I stopped to think. Why would a fan ask me to go to the practice room? And why would they know where to go? Although it creeped me a little bit, I took hesitative steps towards the practice room.

Approaching the practice room, I knocked on the door softly before entering. I took a deep breath and looked into the room. There, I saw you standing there, holding a bouquet of flowers. When you saw me, you smiled. That easily sent my heart racing, and my heartbeat quickened as I neared you. I stood before you, waiting for you to say something.

"hey (y/n), congratulations on your debut" i greeted as he looked away nervously.

"jeongwoo? Why was the fan account you?" I was really puzzled at why you would do that.

Your cheeks flushed red but you continued, "um (y/n), I have something to say to you,, you have always been beside me, staying with me in times of trouble. You have always been a blessing to me in every way and i don't even deserve you. I really treasure you a lot and I hope I will have the privilege of staying beside you anytime too. So, will you be my girlfriend? " you held out the flowers to me, your gaze still unable to meet mine.

I was truly shocked at the point of time, and there were no words that could express how happy I was. The whole moment felt so surreal, I couldn't even believe that my feelings were reciprocated. My heart literally stopped at the sadness in your eyes when you realised that I was not responding.

"(y/n), its alright if you don't -" you started.

I immediately responded with giving a swift peck on your lips, and then wrapping your arms around you. You instantly hugged me back, and both of us stood in each other's embrace for a while. At that moment, I felt true euphoria, and that nothing could ever beat the warmth of your embrace. 

"do you remember when i used to be shorter than you? And you would always tease me about it? " you broke the comfortable silence.

"yeah...?"

"well you're a head shorter than me now" you chuckled.

"shut up"

______________________________________

hey guys ❤️,

THANK YOU FOR 200+ READS I DON'T DESERVE YALL I FEEL SO BAD FOR NOT UPDATING!!! 😭😭😭 Life has been taking a great amount of energy and homework is giving me such a massive headache and that results me in watching ygtb memes bUt I really thank all of you for supporting me (although it's not the best but I'm trying) 💕💕❤️❤️thank youuu

❤️👀,
valkyrie17_