2 - Edited

Today is the day...

"Marinette ain't home yet?" Adrien frowned at Sabine who had opened the door for him. "Where is she?"

Today is the day I planned...

"Ah, she said she was hanging out with Alya, I'm not sure." Sabine shrugged. "Want some goods before you leave?"

"Thanks for the offer, but no thanks." Adrien walked away from the bakery.

Took me a while to finally gather up the courage... And now I can't even find her.

"Adrien..."

Adrien looked up at the blonde girl that had stopped him. He slightly ignored her as he continued on his way.

"Humph! How rude!" Chloe folded her arms. "It's rude to ignore someone. I was going to try to make you feel better, whatever made you upset."

"Chloe, don't worry about it," Adrien let out a sigh. He then stopped when he saw Ladybug on a building, just doing...nothing...

"Well, if you need me, I'll be here," Chloe shrugged. "See ya later, Agreste." She then jogged away, leaving Adrien to walk over to Ladybug.

"Hey... Are you okay?"

Adrien, why are you asking her that? You obviously know she's not okay... You just rejected her!

"I'm fine..." Ladybug suddenly stood. "Ah, I gotta be heading home. My parents might be worried."

"Sure... But wait!"

Ladybug stopped and looked back at him. "What?"

"Ah... Aren't you supposed to de-transform now? I mean... It's been more than five minutes," Adrien shrugged.

"That's because I..." She then stopped. "None of your business!" And she ran off, leaving Adrien with a confused face.

That's because I de-transformed, fed Tikki and transformed again. Why do you care?!

She sighed as she hopped on her balcony, de-transforming. She walked inside with a huge sigh and flopped down on her bed.

"Don't worry about him, Marinette," Tikki spoke.

"How am I not supposed to worry?! Adrien Agreste just rejected me... Even worse, as Ladybug! Which means he probably doesn't even like me as Marinette!" She groaned. "This is a disaster. But now I'm glad I never confessed to him as Marinette. I would have done something stupid."

"Marinette, you and Ladybug are the same person. Even if you think Ladybug is way more better, have more courage or whatever like that, you just have to know that you're Ladybug. If Ladybug can be all those things, so can Marinette," Tikki said, giving Marinette the long lecture. "It doesn't matter if Adrien rejected you as Ladybug."

"That's the thing, Tikki! Adrien doesn't know Marinette is Ladybug. What exactly are you trying to tell me here?"

"What I'm trying to say is..." Tikki flew closer to her. "Adrien might not like Ladybug... So what proof do you have that he doesn't like Marinette?..."

--

"And you couldn't wait for her?!" Plagg shook his head after hearing Adrien's story. "Adrien, I didn't stay here to listen to some lame story."

"Ugh! Don't be mean. I just want to add... I feel totally guilty," Adrien sat down on his bed. "I just rejected Ladybug."

"YOU DID WHAT?!" Plagg grumbled and face palmed himself.

This boy is stupid! A total idiot. You're going to confess to Marinette when you've rejected Ladybug?!

"What? Why do you sound so... Shocked?" Adrien frowned.

"I just... I thought you liked Ladybug," Plagg shrugged. "What happened with never loving another girl besides Ladybug?"

"I mean, it's not like she'll ever like me... I mean that's what I thought before," Adrien shrugged. "So I started taking interest in Marinette. She was so sweet, nice to everyone, always wanting to help everyone no matter the cost. She had Mom's smile."

And Ladybug didn't? Plagg shook his head again.

"Well, I don't really care about how you live your life," Plagg shrugged. "The only reason I agreed to listen to your lame story was because you promised me more camembert."

"No, I didn't!" Adrien frowned.

"Oh, come on!" Plagg rolled his eyes. "I'll need the energy. Remember, I have to meet someone."

"Oh yeah," Adrien shrugged. "Who are you meeting up with? Make sure not to get caught."

"Oh please Adrien. I'm always careful," Plagg waited as Adrien went to get what he asked for.

--

"So what did Adrien say?" Tikki asked that night.

The truth was, the only reason Plagg ever listened to Adrien's story was so he could tell Tikki.

Yes. Both kwamis knew who Marinette and Adrien were. They just never told them. Master Fu said not to tell them.

But Master Fu never said not to make it easier for them to find out.

"He said he liked Marinette but didn't get a chance to confess," Plagg shrugged. "Which I find stupid, but whatever."

"I will tell Marinette-"

And Plagg gave her the look, cutting Tikki off.

"I mean... They can't know, but I'm going to let her at least try to go up to Adrien again..."

"But this time as Marinette," Plagg added, "not as Ladybug. Adrien has already moved on from Ladybug."

So the two kwamis talked, thinking about how to get the two together...