Orange🧡

His orange hair glinted in the sunlight. His freckle covered cheeks and dimples formed as he gave him a side smirk. Shutting his locker and walking down the hall. That had been almost 20 years ago. 

    Jake's hands were clenched tightly around his gun. As he crouched down behind the garbage can. He looked so different his hair was more brown than orange and much longer than his previously short cut hair. He no longer had those cute little freckles Jake used to trace his fingers over. Mapping the constellations on his face as they laid on his old flannel sheets. His first love now a criminal who he was about to arrest.

   It had been a long time ago and though he lying no longer loved him still it hurt. The nine-nine needed to take this drug ring down and to do so they needed to know who he was buying from. So there he was waiting for the seller to arrive and sweating way more than should be with Charles and Amy arguing in his ear over something. Somehow it felt very normal except he wanted to skip the arresting part and go straight to Shaw's. 

    "Jake, he's here. He looks like a Weasley. I'm glad you can now appreciate my Harry Potter jokes."Amy said happily her voice shaking him from his thoughts. 

   " I think you wouldn't have married me if I hadn't" he grinned toothily even without seeing her he could tell she was smiling back. That perfect smile she had just for him even better than getting a new binder smile. 

    He watched impatiently waiting for the other person to come. A car pulled with dark windows pulled up. A tall hooded person got out holding outa duffle bag to Chris in exchange for a handful of cash. The empty parking lot making for a typical  place. They just needed to see his face. "Hands up!" he yelled. Running towards him wrestling him to the ground. As Charles and Amy surrounded with the area with back up. 

  Both men were handcuffed to Amy and Jake as they walked to the police car dragging the men behind them. Chris had his head hung down and a little blood was dripping down on the to the pavement. Making him a little squeamish. It wasn't exactly the blood but the way he looked so... broken. Then he looked up straight into Jake's eyes.

  He started laughing. Out of all the things Jake expected him to do this was not one of them. 

    "Jake, this is this creeping me out. Why is he laughing?" she questioned. Looking from Chris to Jake only to find him distracted

  "Jakey." he had abruptly stopped laughing saying the word as if it was foreign to him.

    " Don't call me that." Jake said a tone so serious it surprised both Amy and him. 

   "Jake, do you know him?" she questioned.

   "I'll tell you later Ames. I need to talk to Rosa." he said quietly.

   Jake shut the door of the evidence room turning to face Rosa. He assumed she was annoyed but who could tell with her. He shuffled nervously a behavior he had been doing a lot more lately. Rosa raised her eyebrow pointedly staring him down.

  "Jake is there a reason for us meeting in the middle of the day? I have a case I'm working on that I'm just about to crack it." she said folding her arms over her chest.

  " I only know about three things at a time about your personal life but it's about to get real personal up in here. I need your help. Rosa, I'm bi." he said looking down as his feet. He had never really came out to anyone before. People knew but he had never said the words outlaid. It wads ind of alarming and at the same time a little relieving. He couldn't have Chris out him and he would need Rosa's help.

  "Hah, knew it." she said lighting the mood and bring a smile of relief to his face. 

  "How?" he said incredulously. It would be a lot easier if everyone knew and he didn't have to come out at all.

      "Oh c'mon that speech you gave me when I came out. I mean you are a horrible actor."

     "Hey, I went undercover for six months and know one knew." he said defending himself.

     "Sure, why'd you come out now?" she questioned. 

    " We arrested a guy and he just happens to be by ex."

     "Nothing like an ex to make your life a living hell. What do you want me to do?" she said.

     "Kill him, Just kidding." he said smiling.

      Rosa staring back at him without emotion.

      "Okay. I need you to interrogate him and I can't do it alone. Rosa...I'm so scared."

   Rosa then did something she had only done one time before and hugged him. The two friends standing together holding on as if it was their last grasp on reality.

If requested I'll do an edit which shows the interrogation. Love Ya'll thanks for reading!!!!-Elle