When she came back from the Sisters of Quiet Mercy she only saw FP once to tell him that his son was fine and that this was the right way to handle the situation. After that day they didn't really talk for decades. It hurted both too much to even look into each other's faces. They both started new lifes and started their own families with other people. They weren't as happy as they were with each other ever again.

Their ways never crossed again until they found out that their kids were dating like they did 25 years ago. It was like their worst nightmare. History was repeating itself. They would have to see each other at some point. They couldn't just tell their kids that they didn't want to meet the parents of their kids first real relationship. There was no chance to avoid each other anymore. And fate decided that they would even have to spend more time together than they would've ever agreed too.

They both were divorced, yet had the custody for the kids and so both were asked if they wanted to chaperon at the Homecoming dance of Riverdale High. This was the point when fate stepped in. They were supposed to chaperon in pairs and were asked if they perfered anyone. Alice wanted to work with Hermoine, who she had called a friend in High School, yet didn't really personally talked to for years. Maybe it wouldn't be that bad to catch up with her and get closer again. She really needed someone to talk to that wasn't her daughters. FP proposed to work with Fred, his best friend since High School.

When Betty came home they day before the ball she had the chaperon list with her. "Mom! You are going to supervise together with FP Jones." "Wait?! What?! FP Jones?? Are you sure?? Please let this be a joke!" Alice couldn't believe what her daughter just said. "No. It is right here black on white. You and Jugheads dad will have the third shift. Why are you so against it?" "It's nothing. It's just we never were good with each other in High school. But it will be okay somehow..." Alice sighted. She really would have to spend two hours together with FP. She couldn't believe it. After more than two decades avoiding each other completely they would have to work together for their kids school ball.

The time to the next evening past faster than she thought. She was nervous. Kinda like she was when she for the first time went to the school ball together with FP, but this time everything was completely different than back then. She wasn't sure how to feel about seeing him again after all this time. It was like there were two feelings inside of her. One was excited to see him again and wanted to know how he was and if he still looked as handsome as he did back then. The other was just scared about how awkward everything would be and that she maybe should tell Betty that she will not be able to do this. But she couldn't do this to Betty and anyways then she would have to tell Betty a reason and she wouldn't be able to lie to her again about this. And she wasn't ready to tell her the truth so she just got herself ready. She wore a tight black dress that hugged just the right part of her body. With it she wore a pair of black heels. She had put some makeup on with a fiery red lipstic that drove FP crazy back then and had her hair in soft curls.

When she came down the stairs where Betty was already waiting she gasped. "Mom! Like wow! You look great!" "Thanks honey! I thought it couldn't be bad to make a good impression." "You will definitely not make a bad expression looking like that! But lets go now. I am meeting with Jug in front of the school in a few!" Alice threw a jacket over her shoulder, grabbed her keys and went with Betty to the car.

They arrived in front of the school just a few minutes later. Jughead was already waiting for Betty at the entrance. He smiled at her when she got out of the car. "See you inside mom. And don't forget that you have a job later." "I won't. Have fun. I am just going to park the car and then come inside too." She started driving again and turned into the parking lot. She parked the car in a free spot and got out of the car. When she got closer to the building she saw a men standing in front of it. He was wearing a suit with a leather jacket above it. She couldn't see his face, but she could tell he was really handsome. Maybe the night wouldn't get as bad as she thought. That was until he turned around and she could finally see his face. She stopped breathing for a second. That couldn't be true. The handsome man she was staring at was no one else than FP Jones. She was already too close to just turn around and go to come back later and anyways he had already seen her. "If this isn't Alice Cooper I see there. Long time no see. Time was good to you Al." "You don't look so bad either Forsythe." She felt something when he said her old nickname. She wasn't sure what exactly it was, but it wasn't something bad.