Chapter 1

Faster! You must move quickly and you must be ten steps ahead of your opponent. Your life is depending on it!" Edea Wolff yelled with a small child on her hip.

Amy glanced at the very pregnant woman as she continues to yell over the loud pantings and groans coming from everyone in the room.

"Use everything you have! Never give your opponent an opening. If you show any side of a blind spot you are dead!" As true to her words, Amy was lifted from the ground and slammed back down onto the mat beneath her. The sound of her back hitting the mat echoed throughout the training room. "Take five!" Edea yelled.

With a groan, Amy rolled to her side when her opponent, Holly, lifted off of her with a grin, "shouldn't have looked away, " she said leaving Amy to whine over the pain she just received.

"How do you feel?" Lifting her head back she found Edea standing over her hands on her hips and little Able hiding behind one of his on leg.

"I feel as if I got hit by a train, " Amy groaned.

"And how do you know how that feels?" Edea softly laughs with a smile. She tilted her head towards her office which only meant one thing. Another scolding. "Come on. Get up. I can't do anything with this belly so you're going to have to suck it up."

"Can't I just lay here, " Amy muttered.

"I'm afraid not. In my office Miss. Foster, " Amy knew hearing the tone of her trainer was just the beginning of a bad start.

It had only been a few months since Edea had her visit with Olivia Moore, Edea's Aunt, who was recovering from being tortured and held prisoner by Dr. Stein. She was held captive for a year before they found her.

Edea had hoped the visit would stop Amy from continuing her journey of revenge since that night five years ago. The night that changed it all.

Amy didn't have many family members, all she had was her parents and her grandparents on her father's side and her older brother. But now she had no one. She was alone with no one to be there for her. To talk to.

"Ma'am, " she called out once she stepped through the small office space.

Edea moved around her desk and sat down with a sigh of relief while her son, Able played with his toys in the corner next to her. "Amy, I'm going to have to let you go. Plain and simple."

"Wha- wait why?"

Edea folded her arms over her large belly before leaning back into her seat, "I gave you a chance Amy. But your no match against your fellow trainees. I can't risk you going on the field and not coming back from your first mission."

"Why not!" She yelled, "you can't just do this, I worked-"

"I can and I will, " she said firmly. "I'm not saying this just because you're human but-"

"Their human too!" Amy yelled, swinging her hand towards the door.

Edea sighed before saying, "yes, but unlike you they have gifts."

"But I can still fight, " Amy argued.

"Both your parents were human, Amy. If I send you out on the field you would never make it. I'm sorry. I know what Connor said to you but I can't let go as far from here."

"What do I do now. I spent two years of my life training to be an Enforcer."

"Become a cop, a doctor, something that does not involve the supernatural." Edea calmly said. There was an empty silence in the room. "Revenge is never the answer Amy. Your parents would have wanted you to live a happy normal life."

Amy squeezed her fists tightly, in a low tone, "Don't speak as if you know what they would have wanted."

"Your right, I'm sorry." There was the empty silence again. Nothing but that suffocating silence. It made Amy sick to her stomach.

Within a few moments, Amy stood in front of Edea's desk waiting to be dismissed but there was a knock on the door.

"Come in, " Edea called out. Amy didn't bother to look back when the office door opened. She could hear the heavy footsteps of a man walking up from behind her and then an arm came into view, placing papers on the desk. "Thank you, Lennox, " Edea said with a smile but the man never spoke.

Through the silence once more Amy watched Edea's eyes move from her to Lennox before saying, "Amy, Lennox is one of our top and strongest agents here at WDA. As you will know he has been transferred to my department for a few months starting tomorrow." Amy didn't care at this point. Why was she even tell her this if she was going to discharge her anyway? "Lennox will take over for me while I'm on maternity leave."

"I see, " Amy hissed. Why was I even still here, Amy thought.

With a sign, " I am willing to let you stay, " Amy raised her head in disbelief, "If you can beat him in a hand to hand combat and or if Lennox believes that you are still capable of doing this job, he will personally train you. He is one of our best men after all. "

"In combat, " she whispered.

"If you win, I will let you continue your training if Lennox agrees to it?" Edea raised her one brow while looking over to the man behind Amy.

How could she not agree? This was her chance to prove herself if Lennox was truly the best agent they had. How hard can it be?  She worked day in and day out to be here. "Yes."

"Tomorrow at dawn. You are dismissed." Edea smiled.

Amy couldn't help but return that smile back until she turned around and saw that Lennox wasn't a Lennox at all but the Hulk. Or a human-size Hulk. His arms were clearly as large as her head. Wide shoulders and a small waist. It was clear his shirt was two sizes too small. Amy didn't bother to look at his face. She was too afraid that if she saw any more of him, she would back out. And she wasn't about to do that. So she left while holding her breath with dismay.

This wasn't going to be as easy as she thought.