Chapter 10

It was a warm morning that Robin found herself walking down the street, purse in hand and on her way to get herself some coffee. She didn't do this as often as she would like, but every now and then she would go out of the office, walk down the street and get herself some coffee. So there she was, completely lost in thought when suddenly she heard an all to familiar voice. 

Startled, she looked around, trying to pinpoint where the voice came from. The answer, however, revealed itself soon, as the voice said out her name. Her old name that is. 

"Dolores! Is that you?" That was the moment that she locked eyes with her brother. Shit... Was all she could think as she put a forced smile on her face. "Andrew? I didn't know you were in town."

Her brother stood right in front of her, smiling wildly. "I wasn't sure if you'd have the time." He said using air quotes, "But it is good to see you again! God, I haven't seen you in years... How are you doing?"

A forced chuckle left Robin's mouth, "I'm doing alright. How are you?" 

"Good..." He paused for a moment. "O where are my manners, Pauline this is my sister Dolores. Doloris this is my fiance, Pauline."

Robin turned her attention to the woman standing next to her brother. Of course, she already knew that this was Pauline, his fiance, but up until that moment she had never seen her up close. It was however when she stared the women in her dark brown eyes that something clicked. She had seen this woman before, she couldn't pinpoint where and when but she did know her." 

"Hi, I'm... Doloris..." She said with apprehension, putting her hand out for Pauline to shake. "Have we met before?" 

"Pauline, nice to meet you." The woman replied shaking her hand. "I'm not sure..." She added. "We did probably go to the same school so, I guess that's a possibility." 

"I guess so." Robin smiled. 

"We should really catch up some time, we were just about to go and get some coffee, would you maybe like to join?" Andrew said. 

"O." Robin said taken aback, "Uhm..." She started, trying to figure out what to do. The truth was, she did have the time for it. But then again, what do you say to a brother you have been avoiding for the last couple of years? Deciding to just go for it she finally finished the sentence. "I don't have much time, but enough for a cup of coffee." 

"Perfect." He said smiling, "If only I knew that all it took to find you was a walk through LA." He added chuckling. 

Together the three of them walked to the nearest cafe, one that Robin recommend, and sat down at a table. For a moment it felt incredibly awkward, for what do you say to your brother whom you haven't seen in years?

"So have you guys picked a date yet?" Robin said, trying to start a conversation. 

"Sort off, we are looking to get hitched soon," Andrew replied. "But we've been asked tons of questions about our engagement and I've had to answer them tons of times as well. It's  getting kind of boring, and I haven't spoken to my sister in years, so how is your life?" 

"Oh, well quite alright I guess," Robin said, surprised by her brother's interest in her life. 

"So how's being a lawyer? Had any cool cases recently?"

'O shit... They think I am a lawyer... Why can I barely remember anything law related? How do I talk myself out of this mess...'  "I uhh..." She stammered trying to make any sense at all. "It's going well. I mean it isn't the most exciting job in the world, but it pays the rent." 

"Andrew told me you were a lawyer, but never really what kind of lawyer," Pauline said sipping her coffee. 

"I'm a divorce lawyer." The words had left her mouth before she had even thought of them. Why had she said that? It was nearly the opposite of what she actually was... "And no, not really interesting cases..." 

A silence fell over the table at that, were both parties were unsure of how to continue. So Robin decided to be the one that broke the silence. 

"So have you guys thought of locations yet?" 

Luckily that set off an entire conversation about the wedding. A subject of which Robin did have sufficient knowledge. It was however when Robin pitched an idea for the wedding that things started to head downhill. 

Pauline decided straight away that she wanted to call their wedding planner and ask if she could discuss it with him. It was, however, a matter of seconds after she left the table that Robin realized what that meant. That meant that she would call the office, they would tell her that Robin went out and then patch her through with Robin. 

Panic filled Robin as she honestly had no idea what to do. From the corner of her eye, she saw Pauline dial the number. Andrew was talking to hear but honestly, she didn't hear a word he said.  Then in what seemed to be a matter of seconds her phone started ringing. Quickly she excused herself and looked at the caller id. Just as she had thought, it was the office. She picked up the phone hoping that it would be Sophia. 

"Hello?" She softly said, hoping that if it was actually Pauline that she wouldn't recognize her voice. 

"Robin are you alright?" She heard Sophia's voice at the other end. 

"Thank heavens it's you," Robin said releasing a breath of relief. 

"Your brother's fiance just called, she wants an appointment or to talk with you now."