Healing The Soul

Nandini returned from the kitchen with a glass of cold water in her hand, this had been a ritual for her since she got married. Her husband always required cold water on his side table.
She was moving past the corridors when she heard him screaming... "No...no.... pls no.."
She rushed into the room only to find him heavily sweating,his eyes were closed and he was continuously murmuring in his sleep. She rushed towards him,
"Manik.. shhhh, nothing has happened" she hesitatingly held his hand..

"Nooooo...." he yelled and got up with a jerk.
"What has- she began speaking buy soon realised he wasnt looking towards her. His hands were shivering, lips mumbling up hard to speak up something but it was tough to speak up between those hard and rapid breaths.
It was a panic attack she realised.

She rubbed his cheeks, "Manik It is me, Its me Manik!"

But he kept on shivering and his terrified eyes were teary.

She came closer to him climbing up on the bed, but he jerked her away.

"Don't come near me, Dont touch me... Dont, SHE will harm me" he mumbled in his shaky voice which was absolutely hard to understand.

"Shhhhshh no one will harm you, no one will even dare to touch, pls calm down Manik, calm down."
She grabbed him and dugged him into her neck and held him close to her heart and rubbed his back consoling him in that same tight hug.
"She, she..... " he once again mumbled with his grip on her becoming even more tighter.

"Who she? Exclaimed an extremely confused Nandini.
She shook him "who are you talking about Manik? And what did she do".
"She... I am sorry" he mumbled with his grip falling loose and he fainted in her arms..
"Who Manik?" Questioned a teary Nandini once again.
And she shook him once again but recieved no response from him, it was then when she realised he had fainted.
She managed to arrange him properly on the bed and put him under the comforter. And herself also slid underneath it. She held his hand tight and feared him getting another panic attack when she was asleep, she feared loosing him, lone drops of tears left her eyes and she fell asleep.
________________________

Soon morning came and slight reflection of light peeped in through the light blue curtains and fell on Nandini's eyes, causing her to wake up.
She saw Manik standing in front of the mirror tieing his tie and he was as normal as on any other day.

"How do you feel now Manik?!" She questioned. Only to get back a reply of "why, do you care?"

And he leaned on her caging her between his arms. Finding herself caught in them she looked straight into his eyes without blinking.
"I care as I am a doctor" she said.

"Listen Manik, I really well know that thin..gs arent quite well between us after that day's fight, bu..t I think we should consult phsychiatrist." Said Nandini still hesitating.

"And who are you to decide this? My wife?" He yelled out in anger.
"I am not mad, I am not mad, no, no, I am not mad..." he mumbled
"Get this straight into your head" he screamed out.

"See Manik... we can fight even after.... when you get well, ....but right now what.... you need is just a phsychiatrist,... please listen to me Manik," she begged to him

"Who are you to me? Just a mere stranger? This is what you had told me that night when we had fought?" " Then why do you care for me why?" He grabbed her cheeks and dug his nails into her skin.

"But... the way.. you behaved.. last night.. you need treatment... pls listen to me Manik...." Nandini appealed to him tearily.

"Ohk so now I get everything straight, You pity me right? You dont care for me, this all pretense right?!" Manik yelled out, which shook Nandini.
And then he began laughing.