Act 3

So I decided to ride my bike into town look around for bargains, half-price clothing. Annabelle taking a normal pace ride on the street pavements of New England on a beautiful winters day, the sun in and out between clouds.

Annabelle stopped by a restaurant place Blue Benn Diner cosy warm atmosphere of a diner mostly quiet in the mornings. That's my favourite time.

Walks in, Annabelle rubbing her hands together freezing cold, temperature has dropped.

Waitress (middle aged lady)

"Come in! come in! you must be feeling like you've been in an igloo"

Annabelle: New England winters are always unpredictable, thanks for the welcoming.

Annabelle finds a single table and sits down.

Waitress: that's alright my dear is there anything I can get you? writing notes on her pad with a pencil.

Annabelle: You can turn the heating ON! for starters (Laugh)

Waitress: Pardon me? do you can order me about. Think again.

Annabelle: No no of course not. I was just having a joke with you.

Waitress: Well I didn't find it amusing dear, (speaks under her breath) eh girls these days, they have no sense of communication.

Annabelle: You trying to be sarcastic towards me. Lady right now I don't like the way you are speaking to me it's unprofessional and disgraceful.

Annabelle feeling infuriated, emotions bouncing left to right like a yo-yo.

Waitress: Can't stand young childish girls who come in this diner thinking they know fucking A-Z about LIFE.

Annabelle: Life is what you make it. Folks like you. Us the new generation are picking up for your mistakes and shit. You blame society but we are the SOCIETY.

Annabelle; screams "Shut up, shut up, shut up" hands covers her ears. This is the first meltdown Annabelle has had since she was 16 years old.

Annabelle crying her dearly eyes out with sheer emotion.

The diner's main manager comes out

Manager "What's happening here?" why can I hear someone screaming. Points to the waitress Susan have you deliberately upset our costumer?!!

Susan: Sir yes I did. Admit I am the one to blame for this incident to happen. I called her a childish girl, and told her joke wasn't funny.

Manager: Now you listen her. I won't tolerate any ignorance and attitude tendencies. Pack up, get your gear your FIRED.

Susan: WHAT!! screw you then and this diner. The pay was shit anyway.

Manager: So long! wicked witch of New England. Goodbye. Waitress storms out of the door.

Annabelle recovering from what has just happened.

Manager: You okay there girl?

Annabelle: I'll be fine sir, I just need some time to calm down and not over think.

Manager: If there is anything I can do for you. Free meal on the house. (Whispers in her ear) this one is on me kid. Don't you worry. I've got your back.

Annabelle: Aww thank you so much, you are a diamond. May I order scramble egg.

Manager: Why certainly, coming right up.

TBC (to be continued)