Chapter 3

Stella

I'm at the office pacing back and forth. Phil, my boss is in his office smoothing things over with a potential client. This is not just any potential client. He's a billionaire. This is about the biggest account yet and Phil is entrusting me with it. If I score this one, I'll be sure to make partner. I glance in the hallway towards his office. I hear laughter. Okay that's good. I rush back in and reapply my make up and fix my red dress. It was business-like with a hint of sexy that stated 'maybe I'm not all about work with no play'. I hear Phil and the client in the hallway coming towards my office. "Stella," my boss calls. "Wait til you meet our Stella. She's fantastic."

"Hi, come on in..." my voice trails off as I see who our potential client is. No fucking way. This mother fucker is a billionaire!

"Stella, meet William Lancaster. He's from Sussex, England. William this is our charming and lovely Ms. Stella Stone," Phil introduces us in the middle of my office.

"Well, Well. Lovely indeed." He suddenly developed a sexy British accent. Speaking of sexy he was definitely pulling off the British billionaire attire, dressed in a navy blue pinstriped double-breasted suit. Bryan the kidnapper grabbed my hand and planted a soft kiss that brought on a shiver that began in my fingertips and ended down at the tips of my toes.

"You got to be fucking kidding me, " I mumbled.

He raised thick straight blond brows. "What was that, love?"

"It is such an honor to finally meet you, Mr. Lancaster," I put on my most sweet/professional tone and extend my hand.

"No need for formality, Love. Call me William."

I cough, clearing my throat and he gives a warning look with those vibrant leaf green eyes. "Uh right, William..." We gazed into each others eyes for a long moment having a wordless conversation.

What the fuck are you doing here, my eyes said.

Securing our future, his eyes said. You'll thank me later... when your rich as fuck.

I hate you.

That's good. Love and hate are two sides of the same coin. One can easily become the other.

I roll my eyes. He's trying to get all philosophical with me

Phil's eyes dart between Bryan and I with a discerning glance. "Do you two know each other?" He examines us through narrowed lids.

"Uh no, you know how I like to treat our clients like friends."

"Indeed," he responds. "Well my wife is cooking tonight which is a rare and special occasion. We would love to welcome you to our humble home."

"Absolutely. Only if I could take this lovely woman before me."

Phil clasps his hands. "Well its settled then. See you tonight, Stella," my boss says before leaving "William" and I alone.

"Change your mind about settling down with me and having my babies?" Bryan makes himself comfortable in a chair before my desk, leaning back, folding hands behind his head, kicking his boots up. His accent is gone. "You could be rich, Stella. Never wanting for nothing."

"What kind of business you do that made you a billionaire and get your feet off my ddesk!" I push his feet down.

He pulls out a cigar from his suit jacket and lights it. I watch as he inhales and blows out smoke. His movements were actually proficient and graceful. There's always been something to the way he moved. "I've been smart throughout the years. I vesting here and there."

"What kind of business?" I press. "Is it illegal where you can't tell me?"

"Tell me what difference does it make where my money comes from?"

"I just want to get to know you better. To better have an understanding of you. No normal man forces a woman to date him especially when there are plenty of other women who would jump at the opportunity to be tied to a rich and handsome man."

"The problem with that Stella is I don't want any other woman just you. I've told you that."

"You're so fucking pathetic." I can't hold my tongue any longer. "You can't threaten or force me to love you, Bryan. That's not how this works."

"But you can't deny that there is something between us."

"Once again your trying to force it! You can't make me love you!"

"Who said anything about love, Stella?" He gets up slowly from the chair like a big stalking cat. "Somethings are far deeper than love." He crowds me against my desk placing both hands on either sides of my waist. "I don't want your love..." Bryan bends his head trailing kisses along my collarbone. "Love is too safe. Love is too boring and or perhaps too sane. Love has too many rules." He grabs my left breast and plants a kiss on the valleys of my cleavage. "What I want from you is the raw, break you down, soul-baring, inhibited, I will suffer through hell with you. There's no words for it, Stella, but you will feel it so deeply it will make you question your own sanity. I want you to crave me. I want you to never even want to breathe without me. I want you to never go one minute without thinking of me."

There's absolutely nothing to say to that. So I remain silent. The only thing that's running through my head at the moment is plans on how to get away from him. He wants to break me down? Never will he have that much power over me.