"What do you mean? We were making small talk, and you came up, and I mentioned it." Shane sounds confused, and really, he has every right to be. "I was gonna offer to have him stay for dinner if you were gonna be gone since he's staying with you." Of course, he was, Shane was so nice, and here I was trying to pick a fight, I can already feel myself beginning to back off.

"Oh. Okay."

"Why? Is something wrong? Did you not want him to know?" I shake my head quickly, nursing the shot of whiskey, swishing it around in my glass before downing it.

"No."

"Where are you?"

"Out."

"Garrett... What are you doing?"

"What do you mean?"

"I mean with Andrew... Look, I wasn't going to say anything to you about it, but I saw you and Andrew in the living room... I saw you kiss him." I can feel my face begin to burn, and I knew it must've been bright red.

"Yeah."

"He didn't tell you? Well, I guess he didn't or you wouldn't have done... that." My stomach churns and I can tell I'm not going to like what Shane was about to say,

"Andrew's straight." What? Instantly, I feel as if I'm about to throw up. How could I have missed it? Had I really been so blind to his feelings that I'd ignored them completely?

"W-what?" I motion for the bartender to pour another, gripping my phone even tighter than I had before.

"Yeah, he told me when we were working today,"

"Did he now," I bite my lip, downing the drink in front of me. I signal the bartender and he comes over to me, a smile on his face. "Check please?" He nods and heads to the register, returning only ten seconds later, he hands me the book and walks away. I leave a twenty and set it down, waving as I leave. "Shane, I gotta go... apologize," I mutter, not waiting for him to say bye, I hang up the phone.

I rack my brain to find an appropriate apology, words like "I am so sorry for hitting on you, I completely understand if you hate me, it will never happen again," seemed like a pretty good one, and then there was the "are you sure you're straight?" One that I wouldn't even bother with.

I was just so confused, I'd only been living with Andrew for a couple of weeks now, but I could've sworn that I'd know him for years. Andrew being straight didn't sit right with me, and that statement itself was a whole other topic, how dare I ignore his sexuality for my benefit? I couldn't be more upset at myself. My mind kept going back to earlier today, when I'd disgustingly kissed him, I thought I was being sexy. It was clear to me that I hadn't been, I'd been gross and it had been uncalled for.

It seems like I've only been driving for five minutes when I reach my house, I hadn't had enough time to come up with a better apology than, "hey I'm sorry for being a disgusting creep, hope you can forgive me!!" I turn off the car, dragging my large body to my doorstep, I fumble with my keys, jamming the wrong one into the lock at least three times, I really needed to get a porch light or something.

After what seems like a million attempts to open my own damn door I become successful and swing the door open.

"Andrew?" The couch is bare and for a second I thought he'd up and left. His shoes by the door told me otherwise, and I breathe a sigh of relief, although I wouldn't blame him if he had decided to leave. Maybe he was in the bathroom? I shut the door behind me, kicking off my shoes, shoving them in the same corner where Andrew had left his. The bathroom was empty and dark. Maybe he had left? Maybe he'd been in such a rush to leave that he'd forgotten his shoes. I walk to my room, letting out a sigh of frustration, this day could not get any worse. I pull out my phone to check if maybe he'd left me a message.

There he was, curled up in a ball in the middle of my bed. I hated him for being so cute and apparently straight, it should've been against the law for him to be that fucking cute.

"Aw, Andrew." I keep my voice down, he doesn't wake and I decide to leave him where he's at, covering him up with the blanket I kept at the foot of the bed. I can't help but smile, maybe Shane was wrong, maybe Andrew had just told him that, maybe Andrew didn't know what he was. I decide to shower before I do anything else, leaving Andrew asleep on my bed, secretly hoping for him to wake up once he heard the shower go off.

The shower feels good, like it always did and I stay in there a little longer than I normally would, giving Andrew extra time to hopefully wake up. I really needed to talk to him and I didn't want to have this conversation in the morning. I rinse the soap off of my body, and turn the water off, grabbing a towel to wrap around my waist before I step out. I peer into my bedroom, and sure enough, Andrew had woken up. I walk out into the living room, the tv on and Andrew sat on the couch.

"You're home." He peers over the couch, jerking his head back to the tv once he sees I'm only wearing a towel.

"Can we talk?"

"I thought you weren't going to be back, I didn't mean to intrude, I just, your bed looked so comfortable." I grin, walking further out into the living room, mindful of exactly how much skin I showed.

"I changed my mind... Look, I called Shane and he told me... Well, he told me that you were straight, and I just really wanted to apologize, if I would've known that, well I wouldn't have hit on you like that. I feel I feel like a huge idiot, and I understand if you want to find somewhere else to stay." He stays quiet, and I can't read him at all, he always avoided eye contact, but this time it was like he was frozen in place.

"Can we not... talk about this, right now?" Was he? He was actually looking at me, his eyes darting back and forth, every now and then looking at me.

"Sure," my stomach growls, "you hungry?"

"Actually, yes," he smiles, turning his attention back on me.

"Let me get changed and I'll order us some food, how does Chinese sound?"